Commercial Analyst / Commercial Accountant - FMCG
- 924 Pacific Hwy, Gordon NSW 2072, Australia
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS, we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 100 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Moccona, L'OR, Harris Coffee Co, TiÓra, Jacobs, Tassimo, Senseo, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia. We’ve built our business on the belief that everyone deserves the coffee they love – no matter who you are, where you live or how you take it. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that diversity; whether that be gender, cultural or generational diversity enhances our workplaces. Please be advised that shortlisted candidates may be required to undertake pre-employment medical and background screening including reference checks.
We are seeking an experienced Commercial Analyst who consistently exceeds expectations, to join our Financial Planning and Analysis team. You will operate in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, requiring the ability to influence decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives.
You must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. You will possess solid business judgment and be capable of driving the right results, have attention to detail, and strong analytical skills.
As our Commercial Analyst /Commercial Accountant (known internally as Financial Planning and Analysis Specialist), you will support the eCommerce and New Business Ventures Manager ANZ.
You will work across multifunctional partners, providing financial insight and leadership, developing new financial processes in this emerging area.
The role will function in a controllership capacity managing overall spending, investment analysis and review of actual results, but also building and establishing new processes and systems. You will partner on strategic initiatives as we build our eCommerce experience and footprint, driving cost improvements and effectiveness.
- Manage pricing and profitability through heavy data analysis
- Measure and drive customer profitability and assist in margin expansion initiatives
- Continually evaluate process and control improvement opportunities
- Set-up sales, inventory and other transactions within ERP system, identify errors or missing inventory, payments, other transactions
- Provide fact-based insights into variances and trends
- Support recurring financial rhythms (i.e. monthly close, forecast, annual budget)
- Maintain, and improve, existing finance processes to ensure data integrity, efficient analyses, and insightful analysis
- Assist in the development and the creation of reports within the ERP system
- Sourcing, analysing, and reporting quantitative data; perform ad hoc analyses
- Collaborate with sales, marketing and IT Teams to develop and embed procedures and work flows of transactions
- Ad-Hoc tasks as required by the business
If you’re packed with entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to succeed, you’ll fit right in here at JDE. Working globally and locally, our Associates have been positively influencing the world of coffee for over 250 years. We love people who are not afraid to try, and who try until they get it right. We value strong convictions and encourage debate. And all this in an open, friendly environment where you can approach anyone and grow any way you like.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Accounting or Finance degree (CA or CPA qualification preferred)
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a Commercial Accounting role within FMCG / Retailer or similar
- Experience in a multi-national FMCG environment will be highly advantageous
- Ability to act as a true business partner, be well organised, accustomed to working effectively in demanding environments with competing priorities, with a solid technical base
- Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and
- variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
- Advanced systems skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel & PowerPoint), SAP (ideally) and practical experience in working with big data and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos)
At JDE, in addition to a competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits tailored to your needs:
- Full time permanent role based at Gordon
- Global organisation with long history that we are proud of and a future we’re excited to be creating
- All the coffee (and tea) you can drink!
If you think you're up for a new challenge just like this, please grab a cuppa, brush up your CV and apply now (it's really easy, we promise).