- Ruscote Ave, Banbury OX16, UK
Commercially JDE is divided into two business units, Retail and Professional. The Retail business unit is aligned with the ‘at home’ consumption of our brands including the traditional top 4 grocers, discounters and convenience.
The retail unit makes up around 75% of the UK&I business and this position sits within the Morrisons and Sainsburys account team. The account team are a team of 5, a sales analyst, national account executive and two national account managers all reporting into a national account controller.
The Sales Analysts, based in Banbury, will support the Customer Account team to ensure accurate pricing, minimal requirement for credits and effective control of retail promotional spend. This role is a vital element in efficient customer interaction supporting the sales team to attain accurate invoicing but also with other customer support and will involve contact with many departments across the business.
Key to this role is ensuring that the financial details are accurately managed. It involves direct customer contact and a wide variety of responsibilities that cut across many parts of the company. There will be a requirement for initial support to reduce the number of deductions on ledgers and ensure accurate pricing ongoing. The role will also support volume forecasting particularly of promotional volume and promotional evaluation using customer epos data and loyalty card data. Critical to success is someone being a good team player, able to handle complexity, be highly communicative and able to build professional relationships across sales team and customer service departments. This role offers a good entry into a commercial team would suit a candidate looking to develop a career in retail sales.
- Manage pricing set-up in SAP and check that agreed prices and actual prices are aligned
- Own and control administration for payment of customer invoices and input to debt reviews
- Track customer spend against budgets and identify opportunities for reinvestment of trade expenditure.
- Communication with commercial buying teams to resolve incorrect invoice costs and promotional triggers
- Assist with new product listings and auditing of administration
- Update volume forecast at period end based on actual performance
- Ad hoc and ongoing data tracking and analysis of NPD, epos, promotions, stock
- Plays a critical role in both internal and external financial audits
- You will preferably have experience in a similar role – eg – Accounts Receivable, Financial Analyst, Sales Analyst, Sales Administrator ideally within a FMCG or Retail environment.
- You will have an excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- You must be organized and able to multi-task in a complex environment.
- You should have strong communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the corporate structure.
- Comfortable and able to problem solve.