Treasury and Taxation Lead
- Jalan Permas Barat, Bandar Baru Permas Jaya, 81750 Masai, Johor, Malaysia
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee". At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE), we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world.
For more than 265 years, we have been inspired by the belief. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia etc.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
At JDE, we are convinced that to grow our company we need to grow our people – through learning, coaching and experiences. We want you to be the best that you can be and encourage you to take ownership for your career.
The Treasury and Taxation Lead FEC (Financial Excellence Centre) is responsible for ensuring proper processes related to Tax compliance, planning & accounting matters.
GOAL AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
The role of Treasury and Taxation Lead is responsible for all Taxation, Transfer Pricing activities of the FEC. This includes preparation of tax filing and local statutory reporting, business and legal requirements.
The role is responsible for ensuring of legal alignment of the companies’ activities especially in case of audits, calculation and accounting of taxes for local entities as well treasury functions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACTIVITIES
- Responsible in supporting the opcos in Johor on matters relating to corporate tax, treasury, transfer pricing & insurance.
- Coordinate with external service provider (ie. Tax consultants, banking/finance institution & insurance underwriters etc.) on the relevant activities.
- Organize and ensures a timely and adequate tax reporting, assuring a proper tax calculation and reporting to the relevant authorities, in compliance with the local tax regulations.
- Strategic development of the tax treasury department related to Corporate and local requirements.
- Managing tax audit and communication with the local tax authority.
- Coordination on ad hoc tax treasury projects (eg. coordination on tax incentives, cash pooling, SC financing related matters etc.)
- Liaise with external service provider for insurance and coordinating on claims.
- Liaise & coordinate with IHQ on taxation, transfer pricing, treasury & insurance topics, on global policies & guidelines for local implementations.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance;
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in a similar position with corporate tax/treasury experience, preferably with experience in the Big 4.
- Analytical; Result driven.
- Team player, hands-on, proactive, good communication skills, independent/self-starter, eager to learn and further develop, act with a sense of urgency.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Fluent in English; excellent writing skills.
- Passionate, energetic & innovative work culture
- Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- Flexibility with working hours
- The best coffee and tea served all day in our office – Can you imagine that?
Thank you for your interest in JDE, please note we will only reach out to successful candidates.
Interested candidates, please submit your application by clicking the link.