Direct to Consumer Lead - Tassimo
- Honey Ln, Maidenhead SL6, UK
We believe amazing things can happen over a cup of coffee.
Everyone’s coffee experience is unique – that’s why we bring this flavour into our careers. We keep our care and guidance individual to you. We celebrate achievements and support one another in a workplace that’s committed to doing the right thing – all across the world.
Our goal is simple but ambitious. Jacobs Douwe Egberts: a coffee for every cup.
JDE is a €5 billion global business retaining a start-up ‘challenger’ feel whilst dealing with some of the leading brands in Coffee and Tea including Kenco, L’OR, Tassimo and Douwe Egberts. The UK represents a top 5 global market for JDE and continues to be a growth engine for the category, driving premiumisation and adapting to evolving market trends with exciting, relevant NPD.
Working with us is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the world’s largest pure play coffee company. Direct To Consumer is one of our fastest growing channels – think you have what it takes to double our business? If yes, we need you!
The Direct-to-Consumer lead for Tassimo will define and execute the plans to drive traffic and sales on Tassimo.co.uk. As the number one brand in the Single Serve category, Tassimo plays a leading role in transforming the way we drink coffee in the UK – making it possible to enjoy a wide range of coffee shop style drinks at the touch of a button in your own home. You will be responsible for translating this brand and company mission into outstanding consumer shopping experiences, from acquisition, conversion, delivery and retention. The experience you build for our consumers will be impossible to drop out from.
As the owner of our most valuable consumer insight platform you will also be a forward-thinking data talent able to craft smart business strategies and make drive informed decision making for the wider business, scaling up your impact beyond one platform.
We are now at a pivotal point in our direct selling journey, and we need self-starters with an entrepreneurial mindset to help us move to the next stage. If you are looking to make an impact at shaping the future with delivering real brand value growth in a driven, fast-paced environment, then look no further!
The Direct to Consumer Lead role sits within the overall Marketing team, reporting to the Category Lead. The DtC Lead will play a key part in defining and scoping the DtC strategy, defining the consumer journey and driving the marketing plans to deliver against these.
The DtC Lead comes with P&L responsibilities, P&L modelling, forecasting and promotional calendar planning. Success will be achieved by the wining relationships you build with your counterparts in operations, marketing, sales and global ecommerce teams. As well as our external associates and agencies.
Must have experience
- Experience of working Direct to Consumer environment ideally within consumer goods
- Experience of creation & delivery of growth through CDJ within DtC environment
- Experience with Digital marketing tools and techniques
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills ideally knowledge of SQL or similar
- Excellent communication skills with track record of building strong relationships/collaboration
- An entrepreneurial, self-starter mindset (we are a “start-up” business)
- Strong interpersonal skills; establishing and developing meaningful, collaborative business relationships and the ability to flex style to the situation / audience
- Comfortable using a variety of data sources to inform decision making
- Track record of creating high performing media strategies: in particular SEM, SEO and social commerce including content optimisation
- Experience in improving consumer experience off site: i.e customer services, delivery, returns
- Experience in volume forecasting
- Knowledge of technical set up of the ecommerce architecture: PSP, ecom engine, WMS, martech etc
Additional desirable experience:
- A working knowledge of R, Python or SQL (highly advantageous)
- Previous Marketing experience, preferably FMCG
- Degree educated (or equivalent)
- Previous media experience
- Cross functional experience
- Previous line management experience