- Ruscote Ave, Banbury OX16, UK
At Jacobs Douwe Egberts we’re inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. Here in the UK & Ireland we are known for leading coffee brands including Kenco, L’Or and Tassimo. With associates spread across 3 locations in Hurley, Banbury and Dublin.
This position is based at our Manufacturing site in Banbury. The Electrical Technician is part of the Process team who form a key part of the wider Manufacturing function. The Manufacturing function ensures the integration of all key business processes from supplier to customers, green coffee beans to award winning coffee.
The team covers sourcing, procurement, manufacturing, engineering, supply chain and planning processes, they ensure optimal alignment between demand and supply at a global scale.
The electrical technician will support the delivery of the plant by driving a problem solving and autonomous mindset. Set in a fast-paced environment with good team ethics as an electrical technician you will utilise your extensive experience to deliver against core KPI’s that support the continuous improvement of the plant.
- Take an active part in maintenance and repair of Plant and Equipment, including PM, AM, and breakdown work as required.
- To work as a close-knit team to actively drive the resolution of plant breakdowns and resolve running issues and operate with a high level of autonomy.
- Carry out all required technical duties including any relevant problem solving to minimise unplanned downtime and resolve running issues.
- To be responsible for the continuous monitoring of the plant and associated equipment, actively looking for potential issues and driving to resolve before they impact production.
- To actively lead and participate in CI & GE improvement activities.
- Maintain good levels of housekeeping in all areas of the plant.
- To attend and actively participate in OPS/production meetings and RCA sessions. Reporting plant status and identifying escalations as required.
- To undertake operational training of areas of the plant
- To actively support the operational team to meet volume demands
- Active use of SAP to log breakdown data, correctives and booking parts out of Stores
- Take accountability for your own ongoing development with a demonstratable plan
- Experience and use of SAP maintenance programme, or the ability to learn
- Actively assists in development of planned maintenance routines
- As part of a small working group the successful applicant will be expected to be self-motivated, flexible and prepared to take on a range of responsibilities without the need for supervision.
- It will be advantageous to have some knowledge of P.C. based Plant Operation, coupled with sufficient Technical knowledge and/or aptitude to meet the demands of the role.
- Able to demonstrate strong problem solving skills and experience
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Able to demonstrate good understanding of relevant British and Industry standards for Electrical engineering
- Apprenticeship in electrical discipline with experience in a technician role.
- Minimum of ONC or equivalent qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Proven PLC fault finding and configuration skills with specific knowledge of Rockwell PLC5, CLX; AB Powerflex drives; Kinetix Servo control, Factory Talk View and Industrial networks.