Category Manager (Danish speaking)
- Ørestads Blvd., 2300 København, Denmark
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup
Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and supporting one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people, in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing – all across the world. What you do here will get noticed.
JDE is a global company and the second largest player in the worldwide coffee and tea market with all the global opportunities this entails
Our Category Management & Shopper Marketing team is central for our strategic planning and category development with high exposure to- and cooperation with the Nordic leadership team.
For the Nordic HQ, in Ørestad (Copenhagen), we are looking for a Customer Shopper Manager (internal JDE title) to further strengthen category performance within the Danish Sales unit.
The department is the strategic pillar for long term profit growth within the company, with close collaboration together with our Sales department and Retailers in the market.
Goals & Accountabilities
The position is co-responsible for the development and implementation of all strategic and operational shopper marketing activities related to our coffee products at the Retailers. These activities are based on the category vision & strategy, analysis of shopper behaviour and opportunities and threats defined for the retail department. This to ensure short and long-term category growth and to achieve the defined targets. The position is co-responsible for the development and implementation of a retail specific category plan, in cooperation with the retailer.
Responsibilities & Key Activities
- Generating and analysing the up-to-date market and shopper insights related to the category for the retailer. This to ensure that the necessary shoppers and market knowledge is present, in order to take the right decisions to renew the category strategy.
- Making overall category plans customer specific and ensuring an optimal implementation in cooperation with the retailer.
- Developing, translating and promoting a tailor-made category vision for specific retailers. Monitoring the implementation of the strategy and achieving the defined targets.
- Implementation of category and shopper projects by accounts, this to ensure the achievement of the defined targets within budget. Signalize opportunities and threats and adjusting action to these opportunities/threats.
- Responsible for the communication from the shopper marketing department to the retailers.
- Assortment strategy
- Co-responsible for the successful implementation of NPD’s and of re-launches. This to ensure distribution, market share and profits.
- Analysing promotions at retailers and advising them on optimal promotion calendar and strategy definition.
- Responsible for the advice on optimal shelve display. Advising Sales concerning the distribution and assortment strategy.
- Finalize go-to-market plan based on toolkit from Nordic unit.
- Minimum of 2 years experience preferably in FMCG.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Fluent in Danish and English.
- University Degree