Internal Controls Supervisor (FTC Maternity Cover)
- Honey Ln, Maidenhead SL6, UK
Business context of the role:
The finance function supports the company’s strategy and business activities by partnering closely with business leaders and functional leaders to drive improved performance yet facilitating transparency of financial performance across the organization.
The Finance function aims to ensure business decisions are grounded in sound financial analysis and endure processes that drive robust financial challenge and accountability. Moreover, the finance function provides analysis and insight for management to prioritize the allocation of resources to areas where value can be created, supporting strategic and commercial operations which add value.
About the role:
The Internal Control Supervisor (ICS) is responsible for balancing a close business understanding and relationships with an objective mindset and healthy skepticism. A key business partner in managing the financial risks of the business the ICS will advise the finance director and leadership team on internal control and risk related matters. As the financial conscience and risk gatekeeper of the business the ICS will utilise their strong communication skills and ability to build authentic relationships to fully understand local business process. This will enable them to challenge the standard control framework in relation to specific risks. Driven by attention to detail and quality the ICS will effectively influence locally making an impact on the business but escalate centrally if needed, they will also have the ability to think outside of the box to come up with creative solutions to business challenges.
Key responsibilities of the role:
Internal Controls (Financial, CBM, Regulatory and Compliance):
- Training of the Control Performers on the controls and the controls reporting tool. Monitor handover from control performer to successors.
- Testing of the controls evidence submitted by control performers with an attitude of curiosity and questioning whether the papers prove the controls are working according to the design.
- Identify, investigate, and solve SAP role and authority problems to ensure business continuity. Monitor Segregation of Duties (SoD) conflicts and managing the SoDs to zero.
- Coordinating remediation of deficiencies, including documentation in the controls reporting tool.
- Assess whether the current Control Framework is addressing local (financial reporting) risks. If not, discuss with central team whether central framework needs an update.
- Report the quarterly control testing status to central team and to the local FD and GM in order for them to be able to sign-off the Letter of Representation.
- Ensure the Internal Control Framework in the reporting tool is up to date and request changes to the central team by using the correct templates.
- Compliance Controls: Facilitate the Local Compliance Officer with the controls reporting tool. From a content perspective, the Local Compliance Officer is responsible.
- Participate in developing new /updated policies and procedures, different tools, sharing best practices helping associates comply with company and legislation requirements
- Support provided from ICS point of view for different business projects (mapping roles, SOD monitoring, etc) (or Participation in Internal Control related projects)
Risk Management, Internal and external audit:
- Assist local management with the Risk Management process when locally initiated or centrally requested.
- Coordinate the risk profile update and deliver report to central function upon request.
- Assist in facilitating internal and external audits, collecting information etc.
- Monitor prompt follow-up of management letter points.
- Assist with fraud cases, investigations.
- Degree qualified
- Qualified or part-qualified Accountancy accreditation
- SAP and Microsoft Office Competent
- Experience in a similar role would be desirable
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Must be highly organized
- SAP R3P and Excel competent and general software systems savy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills preferably with management experience
- Fast moving consumer goods experience desirable