HR Business Specialist - Commercial Retail
- Honey Ln, Maidenhead SL6, UK
As part of the UK&I HR team this HR Business Specialist role is aligned with the UK Retail Business based at out Hurley site. The Hurley site currently operates as the hub office for our UK commercial functions Retail and Professional. Within the Retail team we have over 130 Associates, who are geographically split between the Hurley office, field-based (Sales teams) and supporting functions in Banbury (Oxfordshire). The role also takes responsibility for the HR support for our Irish business based in Dublin.
The HR Business Specialist role is a key part of the Retail team, focused on providing a strong partnering and support offering to the Retail leadership team members and their reports. The role will be focused on partnering allocated members of the leadership team to support the development of management and leadership capability, drive a performance culture and enhancing associate engagement.
The role is generalist in nature embracing all areas of HR including talent management, organisational development, employee relations, learning, compensation and benefits and Associate engagement.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Coordinate & implement the specific HR processes in BU within the scope of the organizational culture and structure.
- Provides expert knowledge to the local management regarding associate engagement issues, organizational structures and change projects (i.e Health and Wellbeing, Sustainability in HR, Inclusion)
- Provides expert knowledge to the local management in managing local labour relations. Work with local managers in dealing with associate issues, including the management of performance management, disciplinaries, grievances, absence and queries around policies.
- Monitors compliance of local HR policies, procedures and documentation with local regulations and proactively flags issues of non-compliance.
- Partners local managers in the development and delivery of team engagement action plans.
- Lead and provide on-going HR support for key change projects in the business area.
Employee life cycle:
- Recruits permanent, graduate, and temporary associates in the local organizations, in accordance with HR central guidelines and (depending on local org.) the recruitment team.
- Engages early with the onboarding process for new hires.
- Facilitates the talent review process with the management team and coaching managers in performance reviews. Works alongside management team to develop and implement the training plan for relevant business units.
- Supports management in team development projects and organisation processes.
- Identifies development needs of employees in the business unit and defining career/development plans with the related managers.
- Defines proactively succession plans to avoid critical job positions.
- CIPD qualified or working towards
- Degree level education - preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of HR generalist processes and approach.
- Proven experience in stakeholder management at leadership level.
- Excellent communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience in an FMCG environment.
- Experience in an international environment.