Global IT Network Architect
- Keulsekade, Utrecht, Netherlands
The exponential growth of technology has made IT one of the critical success factors for every business function within JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS. To enable IT as a competitive advantage, we are transforming our IT department towards a “combined business model”, which consists of one high-end platform for all IT systems and users across JDE worldwide. This transformation is operated by the department of Global Information Services (GIS), which operates in three areas of expertise: Service & Operations, Enterprise Solutions and Strategy & Planning.
As the Global IT Network Architect, you will be a part of the IT Services and Operations team. You will be responsible for owing JDE’s strategy for our global network and network security. You will also ensure all network initiatives worldwide are aligned with the strategy and suppliers deliver in line with the strategy.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Creating an end to end vision on how JDE’s network and network security supports the growth ambition of JDE
- Translating this vision into tangible components for our network across the world (network architecture for SDWAN, LAN including WiFi, voice and video, network security)
- Translating this vision into tangible components for our network security on the IT as well as the OT (factory) network
- Ensuring our network components are consistent and compliant with JDE's “Combined Business Model”
- Aligning JDE global network strategy and initiatives with local IT and Service providers around the world
To be successful in this role, we are looking for a talented candidate who has the ambition to support the change at JDE. In this job opportunity, we have an exciting career challenge for a creative problem solver, who can help our activities as a seasoned Network Architect and add value to the network operation activities within JDE worldwide.
Our preferred candidate would have:
- A bachelor or master’s degree, preferably in a quantitative, Computer Science or Network discipline
- Professional network management certification, such as a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or similar
- Over 10 years of experience working in (global) network architecture
- Track record in Network Operations and Vendor relationships of large multi-million euro contracts for at least 5-7 years
- Proven experience with various Network technologies (incl. WAN, LAN, VPN, WiFi, Firewalls, MPLS, BGP, DNS/DHCP, IPv6, zScaler, etc.)
- Proven track record in continuous improvement of Network Services
- The ability to speak and write English on a professional level
- Managing virtual teams globally and with varied cultural backgrounds
- Well-developed people & stakeholder management skills
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
Next to an attractive and rewarding salary, we offer a variety of secondary conditions of employment.
This includes a:
- Year-end bonus;
- Rewarding pension-plan;
- An additional number of ADV days
- Remuneration for health, life- and other insurances;
- Fitness allowance;
- Discount on company products;
- Flexible, international work environment.
Your application at JDE
If you are interested in this career opportunity at JDE, hit the “I’m interested” button and upload your application. After receiving your application, we will do our utmost to give you quick feedback. Part of the recruitment procedure at JDE will be an online assessment, followed by a first and final round interview.