Global IT Infrastructure Engineer
- Keulsekade, Utrecht, Netherlands
The exponential growth of technology has made IT one of the critical success factors for every business function within JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS. To enable IT as a competitive advantage, we are transforming our IT department towards a “combined business model”, which consists of one high-end platform for all IT systems and users across JDE worldwide. This transformation is operated by the department of Global Information Services (GIS), which operates in three areas of expertise: Service & Operations, Enterprise Solutions and Strategy & Planning.
As Infrastructure Engineer, you will be a part of the IT Services and Operations team. You will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day infrastructure operations for the entire JDE organisation and for continuously improving the provided services.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting global infrastructure operations (related to datacenter, cloud computing and local hosting)
- Supporting infrastructure operations in IT and OT (factory operations) environments
- Participating in global infrastructure projects
- Carrying out reviews of infrastructure solutions delivered by suppliers
- Retaining critical infrastructure knowledge within the JDE organisation
To be successful in this role, we are looking for a talented candidate who has the ambition to support the change at JDE. In this job opportunity, we have an exciting career challenge for a creative problem solver, who can help our activities as a seasoned IT engineer and add value to the infrastructure operations within JDE worldwide.
Our preferred candidate would have:
- A bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- An MS Azure Administrator/Associate or MCSE certification
- Comprehensive technical background in IT technologies, including servers, storage, networking, software, data centres, virtualisation, databases and cloud computing
- Over ten years of experience working with technologies like MS Windows Server, Active Directory, Office 365, Linux, SQL and Oracle DB, Virtualization (VMWare ESX & Hyper-V), SAN storage
- Ability to design and document key architecture components, interfaces, infrastructure and communications
- Ability to provide technical direction for the cloud platform roadmap to enable the transition from traditional platforms to cloud-ready architectures including application modernization
- Practical experience working with an IT Service Management framework like ITIL
- The ability to speak and write English on a professional level
- Well-developed people & stakeholder management skills
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
Next to an attractive and rewarding salary, we offer a variety of secondary conditions of employment.
This includes a:
- Year-end bonus
- Rewarding pension-plan
- An additional number of ADV days
- Remuneration for health, life- and other insurances
- Fitness allowance
- Discount on company products
- Flexible, international work environment