Global IT Network Specialist
- Keulsekade, Utrecht, Netherlands
The exponential growth of technology has made IT one of the critical success factors for every business function within JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS. To enable IT as a competitive advantage, we are transforming our IT department towards a “combined business model”, which consists of one high-end platform for all IT systems and users across JDE worldwide. This transformation is operated by the department of Global Information Services (GIS), which operates in three areas of expertise: Service & Operations, Enterprise Solutions and Strategy & Planning.
As the Global IT Network Specialist, you will be a part of the IT Services and Operations team. You will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day IT Network services delivered by network suppliers for the entire JDE organisation and for continuously improving the provided Services.
As a Global IT Network Specialist at JDE, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring external suppliers provide high-quality Network services and continuously improve operations efficiency across all JDE locations worldwide ;
- Monitoring if SLA’s are adequately managed and reported by the suppliers;
- Managing the operations of network services and the relationship with both internal IT and external suppliers;
- Reviewing and validation of quotes and technical solution from network suppliers;
- Developing standards and policies for Network services and drive adoption of these policies globally;
- Advising on service improvements, specifically improvements in technology and processes;
- Ensuring smooth transition of Network changes from project phase to run phase;
- Supporting the continuous availability, capacity, performance and security monitoring of all network equipment and software across JDE globally.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for a talented candidate who has the ambition to support the change at JDE. In this job opportunity, we have an exciting career challenge for a creative problem solver, who can help our activities as a seasoned Network Specialist and add value to the network operation activities within JDE worldwide.
Our preferred candidate would have:
- A bachelor or master’s degree, preferably in a quantitative, Computer Science or Network discipline.
- Between/Over 3-5 years of experience in (global) network operations;
- Professional network management certifications, such as a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or similar;
- Proven experience with IT frameworks like ITIL v3, various Network technologies (incl. WAN, LAN, VPN, WiFi, Firewalls, MPLS, BGP, DNS/DHCP, IPv6, zScaler, etc.);
- The ability to speak and write English on a professional level;
- Well-developed people & stakeholder management skills;
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
Next to an attractive and rewarding salary, we offer a variety of secondary conditions of employment.
This includes a:
- Year-end bonus;
- Rewarding pension-plan;
- Additional number of ADV days, as we think a good work-life balance is important;
- Remuneration for health, life- and other insurances;
- Fitness allowance;
- Discount on company products;
- Flexible, international work environment.
Your application at JDE
If you are interested in this career opportunity at JDE, hit the “I’m interested” button and upload your application. After receiving your application, we will do our utmost to give you quick feedback. Part of the recruitment procedure at JDE will be an online assessment, followed by a first and final round interview.