- Ruscote Ave, Banbury OX16, UK
We believe amazing things can happen over a cup of coffee.
Everyone’s coffee experience is unique – that’s why we bring this flavour into our careers. We keep our care and guidance individual to you. We celebrate achievements and support one another in a workplace that’s committed to doing the right thing – all across the world.
Our goal is simple but ambitious. Jacobs Douwe Egberts: a coffee for every cup.
JDE is a €5 billion global business retaining a start-up feel and containing some of the leading brands in Coffee and Tea – Kenco, L’OR, Tassimo and Douwe Egberts to name a few.
The UK represents a top 5 global market for JDE and continues to be a growth engine for the category, driving premiumisation by leading the single-serve partition with the Tassimo brand and premiumising the instant coffee segment through Kenco, L’OR and the Douwe Egberts brands.
Working with us is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the world’s largest pure play coffee company.
The Logistics Manager will be highly analytical and comfortable with detailed analysis to drive rigour and continuous improvement across the Logistics function. They will have a strong aptitude for Route Cause Analysis methodologies and a coaching mindset meaning they are skilled at developing others to drive best in class practices across the Supply Chain.
The Logistics Manager ensures the execution of local logistic services within country cluster. Including inbound / local warehousing / local outbound, pallet management and relationship with the different LSPs and suppliers.
The Logistics manager successfully seeks for Service and Cost optimization throughout the value chain. They execute operational plans and provides a customer focus approach focusing on KPI’s and developing efficient initiatives with them.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Provides input to AOP budget (Warehousing, Distribution and Inbound) and delivers against it by:
- Monthly cost control (variances Actual vs AOP)
- LE based on rolling forecast volumes, accruals and invoices each month
- Executes local operational plan for distribution to achieve optimal W&D costs and service level with Continuous Improvement through Root Cause Analysis by:
- monitoring the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement of goods (eg. optimal (un)loading conditions, ensure FEFO principal, etc).
- coordinating and controlling the order cycle and associated information systems.
- Monitors international transportation for the local cluster to ensure efficient transportation and competitive logistics costs. This by monitoring the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of this process.
- Liaises with customers and suppliers in order to optimize customer satisfaction and to maximize efficiency (R2S/ C2S).
- Analyses in-depth data to monitor performance, cost development and plan process improvements and productivity with LSP’s and/ or customers (Service Based Pricing approach).
- Ensures accuracy of transactional data (stock) and assures local legal requirements with LSP are met.
- Delivers to internal and external customers according to the demand plan (quality / time / cost). Very strong ways of working both cross functionally within JDE but also externally.
- Implements central & external best practices (Pooling, Transport optimization, etc.). Seen as a key coach across the Supply Chain to develop others to implement best practices
- Extensive of Supply chain / logistics and /or consulting experience.
- FMCG experience.
- Good command of SAP / back office / Business intelligence tools.
- Previous LSP or 4PLs management.
Nice to have:
- Good knowledge of European logistics setting.
- An entrepreneurial mind-set with a proactive and results approach.
- Successful experience in benchmarking local organization.