- Ruscote Avenue, Banbury, United Kingdom
We believe amazing things can happen over a cup of coffee.
Everyone’s coffee experience is unique – that’s why we bring this flavour into our careers. We keep our care and guidance individual to you. We celebrate achievements and support one another in a workplace that’s committed to doing the right thing – all across the world.
Our goal is simple but ambitious. Jacobs Douwe Egberts: a coffee for every cup.
JDE is a €5 billion global business retaining a start-up feel and containing some of the leading brands in Coffee and Tea – Kenco, L’OR, Tassimo and Douwe Egberts to name a few.
The UK represents a top 5 global market for JDE and continues to be a growth engine for the category, driving premiumisation by leading the single-serve partition with the Tassimo brand and premiumising the instant coffee segment through Kenco, L’OR and the Douwe Egberts brands.
Working with us is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the world’s largest pure play coffee company.
Business context of the role:
At Jacobs Douwe Egberts we’re inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. Here in the UK & Ireland we are known for leading coffee brands including Kenco, L’Or and Tassimo. We have associates spread across 3 locations in Hurley (nr Maidenhead), Banbury and Dublin.
This position is based at our Manufacturing site in Banbury. The Production Planner is part of the Planning & Logistics team who form a key part of the wider Manufacturing function. The Manufacturing function ensures the integration of all key business processes from supplier to customers, green coffee beans to award winning coffee. The team covers sourcing, procurement, manufacturing, engineering, supply chain and planning processes, they ensure optimal alignment between demand and supply at a global scale.
About the role:
The successful candidate will have sound understanding and working knowledge of planning processes including, but not limited to, production scheduling, material forecasting and call off over the short and medium term. They will have a natural appetite for problem solving and drive continuous improvement through collaborative working. The role requires stakeholder management both within the Banbury manufacturing facility as well as the Central Planning function in the Netherlands and suppliers. We are looking for someone with a thirst for growth and development within our business.
This role will also manage and coordinate the delivery of a complete Manufacturing Master Data service to the plant and associated co-manufacturers, responsible for creating, changing and maintaining master data in SAP and ensuring alignment with local systems. Also for setting up new material supply chains as required.
Key KPIs for the production planner include: CSL, Production Compliance (TAP), Material OTIF, Material Inventory, Waste/Obsoletes.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Produce efficient production plans to the plan that deliver high customer service levels
- Contribute to the delivery of key MU KPIS: CSLs, Production Compliance, Supplier OTIF – track performance, analyse losses and create improvement plans
- Generate standards & drive process improvement projects
- Manage Supplier relationship to ensure continuity of supply and visibility of risk via timely and accurate forecast provision, clear communication of upcoming change and transparency of upstream stocks
- Work with Central Purchasing to generate ‘fit for purpose’ supply contracts & regularly review supplier performance
- Optimise inventory holding and minimise write off due to product change or aged stock
- Work closely with Plant Initiative team to deliver projects to agreed cost, time and quality targets
- Deliver Manufacturing Master Data service to the site
- Optimise our SAP usage by working with the team to identify opportunities for change
- Planning experience
- Supply chain experience
- High level of systems literacy - SAP, Excel
- S&OP & MRP process understanding
- FMCG experience
- Excellent analytical & numeracy skills
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Degree level education preferred
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
We are proud of our passionate and driven associates who challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup
Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and support one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing across the globe. Your achievements here will get noticed.
Jacobs Douwe Egberts is a global coffee & tea company, serving consumers in more than 80 countries through iconic brands including: JACOBS, TASSIMO, MOCCONA, SENSEO, L'OR, DOUWE EGBERTS, KENCO, PILAO and GEVALIA