Internal Controls Supervisor
- Honey Lane, Maidenhead, United Kingdom
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia.
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup.
The Internal Control Supervisor (ICS) is an experienced person who can balance ‘being close to the business’ with an objective mind set and healthy scepticism. The ICS is a key business partner in managing the (financial) risks of our business unit, advising the Finance Director and management on internal control and risk related matters. The ICS is the (financial) conscience / and risk gatekeeper of the business unit. The ICS will show a full understanding of the local business processes which enables them to challenge the standard control framework in relation to the specific local risks.
The ICS will work across the full UK&I business including 2 commercial divisions and our manufacturing site in Banbury.
Internal Controls (Financial, CBM, Regulatory and Compliance):
- Training of the Control Performers on the controls and the controls reporting tool. Monitor handover from control performer to successors.
- Testing of the controls evidence submitted by control performers with an attitude of curiosity and questioning whether the papers prove the controls are working according to the design.
- Identify, investigate, and solve SAP role and authority problems to ensure business continuity. Monitor Segregation of Duties (SoD) conflicts and managing the SoDs to zero.
- Coordinating remediation of deficiencies, including documentation in the controls reporting tool.
- Assess whether the current Control Framework is addressing local (financial reporting) risks. If not, discuss with central team whether central framework needs an update.
- Report the quarterly control testing status to central team and to the local FD and GM in order for them to be able to sign-off the Letter of Representation.
- Ensure the Internal Control Framework in the reporting tool is up to date and request changes to the central team by using the correct templates.
- Compliance Controls: Facilitate the Local Compliance Officer with the controls reporting tool. From a content perspective, the Local Compliance Officer is responsible.
- Participate in developing new /updated policies and procedures, different tools, sharing best practices helping associates comply with company and legislation requirements
- Support provided from ICS point of view for different business projects (mapping roles, SOD monitoring, etc) (or Participation in Internal Control related projects)
Risk Management, Internal and external audit:
- Assist local management with the Risk Management process when locally initiated or centrally requested.
- Coordinate the risk profile update and deliver report to central function upon request.
- Assist in facilitating internal and external audits, collecting information etc.
- Monitor prompt follow-up of management letter points.
- Assist with fraud cases, investigations.
- Degree qualified
- Qualified or part-qualified Accountancy accreditation
- SAP and Microsoft Office Competent
- Experience in a similar role would be desirable
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Must be highly organized
- SAP R3P and Excel competent and general software systems savy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills preferably with management experience
- Fast moving consumer goods experience desirable
We are proud of our passionate and driven associates who challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup
Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and support one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing across the globe. Your achievements here will get noticed.
Jacobs Douwe Egberts is a global coffee & tea company, serving consumers in more than 80 countries through iconic brands including: JACOBS, TASSIMO, MOCCONA, SENSEO, L'OR, DOUWE EGBERTS, KENCO, PILAO and GEVALIA