Mechanical Technician - Tassimo
- Ruscote Avenue, Banbury, United Kingdom
We believe amazing things can happen over a cup of coffee.
Everyone’s coffee experience is unique – that’s why we bring this flavour into our careers. We keep our care and guidance individual to you. We celebrate achievements and support one another in a workplace that’s committed to doing the right thing – all across the world.
Our goal is simple but ambitious. Jacobs Douwe Egberts: a coffee for every cup.
JDE is a €5 billion global business retaining a start-up feel and containing some of the leading brands in Coffee and Tea – Kenco, L’OR, Tassimo and Douwe Egberts to name a few.
The UK represents a top 5 global market for JDE and continues to be a growth engine for the category, driving premiumisation by leading the single-serve partition with the Tassimo brand and premiumising the instant coffee segment through Kenco, L’OR and the Douwe Egberts brands.
Working with us is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the world’s largest pure play coffee company.
Business context of the role:
At Jacobs Douwe Egberts we’re inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. Here in the UK & Ireland we are known for leading coffee brands including Kenco, L’Or and Tassimo. With associates spread across 3 locations in Hurley (nr Maidenhead), Banbury and Dublin.
This position is based at our Manufacturing site in Banbury. The Mechanical Technician is part of the Packing Reliability team who form a key part of the wider Manufacturing function. The Manufacturing function ensures the integration of all key business processes from supplier to customers, green coffee beans to award winning coffee. The team covers sourcing, procurement, manufacturing, engineering, supply chain and planning processes, they ensure optimal alignment between demand and supply at a global scale.
About the role:
The Mechanical Technician is part of the reliability team responsible for driving a problem solving and autonomous mindset. Working in a fast-paced environment with a good team ethics the Mechanical Technician will work as part of a team to deliver against KPI’s.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Take responsibility for carrying out all scheduled maintenance activities.
- Actively assist in development of Planned Maintenance routines.
- To be responsible for the continuous monitoring of the lines and associated equipment.
- To actively lead and participate in CI & GE improvement activities
- Carry out all required technical duties including any relevant problem solving to minimise unplanned downtime and resolve running issues.
- Ensure all aspects of maintenance meet Health and Safety requirements.
- To report plant status and issues during production reviews and handovers as necessary.
- Promote and improve relevant data gathering and analyse using SAP.
- Ensure all technical documentation is kept up to date and managed correctly.
- Maintain workshop 5S appearance/cleanliness.
- Ideally a time served apprenticeship in mechanical discipline.
- Minimum of ONC or equivalent qualification in engineering.
- Experience and use of SAP maintenance programme
- Demonstrate good understanding of relevant British and Industry standards for Mechanical
- As part of a small working group the successful applicant will be expected to be self-motivated, flexible and prepared to take on a range of responsibilities without the need for supervision.
- Actively assist in development of Planned Maintenance routine.
- Sufficient technical knowledge and/or aptitude to meet the demands of the role.
- Communicate well at all levels.
- Work well within a team.
- Actively strive to improve line GE’s
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
We are proud of our passionate and driven associates who challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup
Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and support one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing across the globe. Your achievements here will get noticed.
Jacobs Douwe Egberts is a global coffee & tea company, serving consumers in more than 80 countries through iconic brands including: JACOBS, TASSIMO, MOCCONA, SENSEO, L'OR, DOUWE EGBERTS, KENCO, PILAO and GEVALIA