Business Development Executive
- 30 Tuas Link 2, Singapore, Singapore
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee". At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE), we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world.
For more than 265 years, we have been inspired by the belief. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 100 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia etc.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
At JDE, we are convinced that to grow our company we need to grow our people – through learning, coaching and experiences. We want you to be the best that you can be and encourage you to take ownership for your career.
The South Asia region includes, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal & Bhutan.
The Export Specialist is responsible for defining and implementing export sales strategy to meet the sales, volume and profitability objectives for the assigned markets. This role is based in Singapore with business travel to the export markets as and when required.
- Designs business development strategy, product portfolio and go-to-market strategy for the assigned markets.
- Executes new product launches in selected export countries.
- Responsible for sales revenue and P&L for the assigned markets.
- Responsible for distributor selection and managing distributor relations.
- The role requires close interaction with the Customer Service/Supply Chain and Export team.
- Prepares Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for the assigned countries, factoring cost savings and financial targets.
- Strives to deliver sustainable sales growth and financial targets in the short and medium term and seeks opportunities to exceed the set sales target.
- Executes general pricing, promotional pricing and trade margins within guidelines and pricing bandwidth.
- Monitor trade spend and provides sales and volume forecasting on a monthly basis.
- Cross functional liaison to ensure all relevant functions are aware of our key success factors and issues in the export markets.
- Monitor and analyses market trends, consumer behaviour and competitor activity to identify new opportunities in selected export countries.
- Liaises with markets and Legal Department with regards to local legal requirements and pack design; wording and use of brand Trade Marks and logos to ensure legal compliance in Export markets.
Bachelor's degree in any discipline with an excellent flair for selling.
More than 5 years of experience in export of FMCG products.