Category Manager (maternity cover, danish speaking)
- Ørestads Boulevard, København, Denmark
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup.
Working with us means you will be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and supporting one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people, in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing – all across the world. What you do here will get noticed.
Our Category Management & Shopper Marketing team is upgraded, and central for our strategic planning and category development with high exposure to- and cooperation with the Nordic leadership team.
For the Nordic HQ, in Ørestad (Copenhagen), we are looking for a Category Manager to further strengthen category performance within the Danish Sales unit.
The role is a maternity cover for approx. 12 months. You must be danish speaking, because you will meet danish customers.
The department is the strategic pillar for long term profit growth within the company, with close collaboration together with our Sales department and Retailers in the market.
Goals & Accountabilities
The position is co-responsible for the development and implementation of all strategic and operational shopper marketing activities related to our coffee products at the Retailers. These activities are based on the category vision & strategy, analysis of shopper behaviour and opportunities and threats defined for the retail department. This to ensure short and long-term category growth and to achieve the defined targets. The position is co-responsible for the development and implementation of a retail specific category plan. This in cooperation with the customer and within the defined retail strategy.
Responsibilities & Key Activities
- Generating and analysing the up-to-date market and shopper insights related to the category and related brands by the customer. This to ensure that the necessary shoppers and market knowledge is present, to take the right decisions to renew the category and brand strategies.
- Making overall category plans customer specific and ensuring an optimal implementation in cooperation with the trading partners.
- Developing, translating and promoting a tailor-made category vision for specific customers. Monitoring the implementation of the strategy and achieving the defined targets
- Implementation of category and shopper projects by accounts, this to ensure the achievement of the defined targets within budget. Signalize opportunities and threats and adjusting action to these opportunities/threats.
- Responsible for the communication from the shopper marketing department to the retailers.
- Assortment strategy
- Co-responsible for the successful implementation of NPD’s and of re-launches. This to ensure distribution, market share and profits.
- Analysing promotions at customers and advising them on optimal promotion calendar and strategy definition.
- Responsible for the advice on optimal shelve display. Advising Sales concerning the distribution and assortment strategy.
- Ownership of local NPD and activity plan
- Finalize go-to-market plan based on toolkit from Nordic unit
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience preferably in FMCG.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Fluent in Danish and English.
- University Degree