Facility Specialist Romania
- Calea Floreasca 169A, București 077190, Romania
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup!
Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and supporting one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people, in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing – all across the world. What you do here will get noticed.
Reporting to the HR Director South Central Europe, your role will include managing and preserving a flawless working environment for JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS Romania, as well as facilitating local Purchasing processes for HR Department, especially in areas such as travel and car fleet. More specifically, among others, you will:
- Design, propose and implement initiatives to reduce the environmental impact of our office operations
- Liaise with the building’s administrator for general maintenance, cooling/heating, parking, miscellaneous repairs, construction and renovation works, and any ad hoc requests from the business;
- Manage third parties involved in supply and maintenance of furniture and other office equipment;
- Ensure smooth supply of office consumables (e.g. water, coffee etc.), stationery and first aid items;
- Oversee the daily operation of the Reception, including contingent staffing;
- Challenge the outsourced cleaning provider towards excellence in performance and/or identify and engage with various providers in the market
- Be responsible for office security in line with JDE policies and procedures;
- Supervise the cafeteria and conference rooms, ensuring timely replenishment of supplies and good functioning of technical equipment
- Collaborate with external providers, IT and other departments to help organize monthly or ad hoc town halls/meetings; facilitate smooth operations during important visits
- Act as ambassador for Health and Safety in the office
- Proactively manage facilities budget; report on actuals; identify and act upon opportunities for cost improvement, advocate cost-consciousness in the office
- Undertake the duties of Authorized Functional Buyer for the HR Department: issue purchase orders according to relevant JDE Purchasing processes and ensure approval; participate in negotiation of contracts as necessary; collaborate with Central Purchasing for categories managed by our headquarters
- Participate in ad hoc projects within the HR Department
To success in this role, you must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in Administration, Facility/Office Management, or Purchasing
- Fluency in Romanian and English, written and spoken
- PC literacy, especially MS Office suite
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to understand and manage budgets
- Can-do attitude, ownership and proactiveness
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multitask
The following will also be considered as an asset:
- Experience in a multinational environment, ideally FMCG
- SAP knowledge
- Basic technical skills or a keen interest in construction / maintenance
- Understanding of basic Accounting principles
Join the Coffee Democracy!