Finance Unit Controller - Fixed Term Contract
- Eastpoint St, North Dock, Dublin, Ireland
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup
This role is an integral leadership one in the JDE Ireland business. It involves close interaction with the Finance Directors for the UK&I who are based in the UK and with other functions across JDE in Ireland, the UK and the Netherlands.
The Finance Unit Controller leads the finance function and its activities for the planning for and the execution of both the Retail and Professional businesses in Ireland.
The individual will play both a leading and supporting role in a fast-paced environment. It is a hands-on role in a small team environment.
The Finance Unit Controller is a leading member of the JDE Ireland leadership team and is responsible for the finance function and delivery of plans for the Irish Retail and Professional business units.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Preparation and delivery of monthly and ad hoc reporting packs to senior leadership team, communicating performance against targets, challenges and opportunities.
- Management and monitoring the Annual Operating Plan from inception to delivery.
- Business partnering and the provision of key analysis to support the commercial teams in driving profitability and identifying growth opportunities within customer and product mix
- Supporting Sales and Marketing teams with profitability and return on investment analysis for existing and new products. Tracking performance of same.
- Management of pricing and promotional mechanics to generate value and mitigate commodities risk.
- Leading a cost-conscious business unit, controlling SG&A costs through ZBB and operating working capital management.
- Continuous improvement in finance processes to enable value-add insights.
- Supporting and developing the financial accountant in the team and supporting the wider team in its finance understanding and application.
· Degree qualified and Financial qualification; CIMA\ACCA\ACA required
· Fast moving consumer goods experience
· SAP R3P and Microsoft Office Competent
· Experience in a similar role would be desirable
· Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills
· Must be highly organized
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills preferably with management experience.
Jacobs Douwe Egberts Ireland is committed to fulfilling its ambition to become Number 1 coffee supplier in Ireland. JDE Ireland’s strategy is simple – it is to trade consumers up to higher value coffee and the Finance Unit Controller will play a leading role in steering both the Retail and Professional business.
JDE is the Coffee Pure Play Number 1 supplier globally and in Ireland, JDE is the Number 1 supplier in the retail trade and invests significantly in its brands Tassimo, Kenco, L’OR and Maxwell House.
The role sits within a market team of 12 people and affords the successful candidate the opportunity to lead a commercial organization. JDE Ireland will lead the way in living the JDE values and will be famous for its entrepreneurial execution.
Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and supporting one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people, in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing – all across the world. What you do here will get noticed.