- Ruscote Avenue, Banbury, United Kingdom
We believe amazing things can happen over a cup of coffee.
Everyone’s coffee experience is unique – that’s why we bring this flavour into our careers. We keep our care and guidance individual to you. We celebrate achievements and support one another in a workplace that’s committed to doing the right thing – all across the world.
Our goal is simple but ambitious. Jacobs Douwe Egberts: a coffee for every cup.
JDE is a €5 billion global business retaining a start-up feel and containing some of the leading brands in Coffee and Tea – Kenco, L’OR, Tassimo and Douwe Egberts to name a few.
The UK represents a top 5 global market for JDE and continues to be a growth engine for the category, driving premiumisation by leading the single-serve partition with the Tassimo brand and premiumising the instant coffee segment through Kenco, L’OR and the Douwe Egberts brands.
Working with us is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the world’s largest pure play coffee company.
At Jacobs Douwe Egberts we’re inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. Here in the UK & Ireland we are known for leading coffee brands including Kenco, L’Or and Tassimo. With associates spread across 3 locations in Hurley (nr Maidenhead), Banbury and Dublin.
This position is based at our Manufacturing site in Banbury. The Project Engineer is part of the Capex Engineering team who form a key part of the wider Manufacturing function. The Manufacturing function ensures the integration of all key business processes from supplier to customers, green coffee beans to award winning coffee. The team covers sourcing, procurement, manufacturing, engineering, supply chain and planning processes, they ensure optimal alignment between demand and supply at a global scale.
About the role:
The capex engineering team are accountable for the delivery of all engineering capex projects on site from small scale up to multi-million-pound investments. The project engineer is responsible for the end to end project management of varied projects across our manufacturing operation, managing projects from concept to commissioning within a varied process manufacturing environment.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Responsible for pre-engineering scoping, costing and capital expenditure request document preparation.
- Giving regular stakeholder updates on project progress.
- Engaging and communicating with the shift teams to ensure that the installation meets operations requirements from a maintenance, operability and training aspect. This involves including operators and technicians in the whole lifecycle of the project and producing update documents for the control room communication boards.
Project Management & Execution:
- Ensuring installations are compliant with relevant H&S Guidelines and Regulations.
- Ensuring compliance against JDE safety policies, for example, LOTOTO, permit to work, hazard work permits, behavioural observation safety, auditing.
- Producing tender documents for suppliers to ensure competitive bidding on project works and working with central procurement to get contracts in place for orders.
- Managing cost versus budget using the JDE blue lines cost tracker and reporting actual, commitment, and remaining budget spend on a monthly basis.
- Preparing and issuing relevant documentation such as drawings, cable schedules, commissioning documents, equipment schedules, FAT, SAT, H&S checklists, risk assessments.
- Working with the software engineers to develop a URS for the process installation and review FDS.
- Ensuring installations are compliant from a GMP aspect (hygienic, easy to clean).
- Managing contractors in the work area, preparing permits and reviewing risk assessments and method statements.
- Management of orders through the use of SAP, from raising PO’s, issuing to suppliers, receipting and checking invoice discrepancies.
- Carrying out process isolations to ensure safe systems of work during installation.
- Commission the installation with the project team and suppliers and ensure full snag tracking and close out through commissioning, qualification and verification.
- Ensure relevant handover documentation is in place such as OEM manuals, training documents and risk assessments.
- Proven experience of delivering significant capex investment projects.
- Strong engineering (multi skilled or mechanically bias) background ideally within a process manufacturing environment.
- Experience of hands on commissioning.
- Strong project and stakeholder managements skills with experience of navigating complex projects.
- Experience of managing tender processes and delivering against financial budgets.
- Experience and or understand of Prince2 and stage and gate project management techniques.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
We are proud of our passionate and driven associates who challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup
Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and support one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing across the globe. Your achievements here will get noticed.
Jacobs Douwe Egberts is a global coffee & tea company, serving consumers in more than 80 countries through iconic brands including: JACOBS, TASSIMO, MOCCONA, SENSEO, L'OR, DOUWE EGBERTS, KENCO, PILAO and GEVALIA