- Ruscote Ave, Banbury OX16, UK
We believe amazing things can happen over a cup of coffee.
Everyone’s coffee experience is unique – that’s why we bring this flavour into our careers. We keep our care and guidance individual to you. We celebrate achievements and support one another in a workplace that’s committed to doing the right thing – all across the world.
Our goal is simple but ambitious. Jacobs Douwe Egberts: a coffee for every cup.
JDE is a €5 billion global business retaining a start-up feel and containing some of the leading brands in Coffee and Tea – Kenco, L’OR, Tassimo and Douwe Egberts to name a few.
The UK represents a top 5 global market for JDE and continues to be a growth engine for the category, driving premiumisation by leading the single-serve partition with the Tassimo brand and premiumising the instant coffee segment through Kenco, L’OR and the Douwe Egberts brands.
Working with us is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the world’s largest pure play coffee company.
At Jacobs Douwe Egberts we’re inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. Here in the UK & Ireland we are known for leading coffee brands including Kenco, L’Or and Tassimo. With associates spread across 3 locations in Hurley (nr Maidenhead), Banbury and Dublin.
This position is based at our Manufacturing site in Banbury. The Production Engineer is part of the Packing team who form a key part of the wider Manufacturing function. The Manufacturing function ensures the integration of all key business processes from supplier to customers, green coffee beans to award winning coffee. The team covers sourcing, procurement, manufacturing, engineering, supply chain and planning processes, they ensure optimal alignment between demand and supply at a global scale.
About the role:
The Production Engineer is an integral part of the packaging team with specific focus on activities to improve line performance and develop engineering standards.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Engage with production associates to understand to root cause of line performance issues and lead improvement activities (e.g. Root Cause Analysis, Kaizens, and One Point Lessons).
- Own daily and long term line performance for their dedicated area.
- Develop standards to ensure that knowledge is captured and shared across the packaging section.
- Facilitate OPS1 meetings and report on line performance at OPS2.
- Visit suppliers for performance reviews, project updates, and quality improvement projects.
- Plan and execute trial activities.
- Lead process improvements across the packing section.
- Drive the supplier non-conformance process (CAPA).
- Analyse material performance and conformance to specification.
- Support R&D to deliver large scale/centrally led packaging trials.
- Lead local packaging trials.
- Support the role out the Manufacturing Operating System (MOS) using RCA and Kaizen tools to drive performance.
- Educated to degree level ideally within Packaging or Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or equivalent vocational experience
- Diploma in packaging technology preferred
- Desire to develop and coach teams through building leadership capabilities
The experience you'll have;
- Ability to identify losses, lead improvement activities and develop standards.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a packaging R&D, Production, Engineering or Continuous Improvement role.
- Knowledge of glass, injection moulding, flexibles, corrugate and paper materials.
- Knowledge of automated packaging machinery
- Strong analytical skills
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
We are proud of our passionate and driven associates who challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup
Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and support one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing across the globe. Your achievements here will get noticed.
Jacobs Douwe Egberts is a global coffee & tea company, serving consumers in more than 80 countries through iconic brands including: JACOBS, TASSIMO, MOCCONA, SENSEO, L'OR, DOUWE EGBERTS, KENCO, PILAO and GEVALIA