Global Tax Specialist
- Oosterdokskade, Amsterdam, Netherlands
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup
Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and supporting one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people, in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing – all across the world. What you do here will get noticed.
Within the Global tax department, consisting of 10 tax specialists, a vacancy has arisen for the newly created position of the Global Tax Specialist. The Global Tax Team provides tax advice and input to the JDE organization and is responsible for executing the Group’s tax & transfer pricing policy and ensuring tax efficiency. The primary responsibility of the Global Tax Specialist is to coordinate and manage the corporate tax affairs of JDE’s subsidiaries around the globe by providing tax technical support, advice and assistance to subsidiaries, providing support in the implementation of a great variety of projects from a tax perspective and providing support in tax audits and questions from tax authorities. The role reports to the Global Transfer Pricing & Dutch Corporate Tax Manager and has no direct reports.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Group Tax Strategy
- Provide expertise and guidance to respective internal counterparts on tax related matters and be an active team member
- Cooperate and work with many internal and external stakeholders and build up a strong international network of contacts in finance and business functions within JDE
- (Pro)actively monitor international and local legislative developments, evaluate potential impact, assess measures in order to optimize ongoing operations and/or mitigate risks
- Perform tax research and prepare tax analysis and draft position papers, tax ruling requests, presentations etc.
- Provide support in the implementation of a great variety of projects from a tax perspective, which amongst others may include share acquisitions and disposals, integration of acquisitions, cross-border financing arrangements and dividend distributions and capital contributions or repayments
- Provide support in tax audits and questions from tax authorities, as required
- Provide tax technical support, advice and assistance to subsidiaries when it is required and upon ad-hoc requests
- Manage various tax formalities and monitor group guidelines, policies and directives in the tax area
- Review contracts from a tax perspective and assist in drafting contracts that are in line with structuring decisions
You are highly motivated, proactive, solution- oriented, outgoing with good communication and interpersonal skills plus with a hands-on mentality. You are fluent in English, any other European language is a plus. You possess a WO / University degree in Tax Law, Fiscal Economics or a relevant Financial education, with understanding of accounting, and you have approximately 4 - 6 years of relevant international tax experience.