National Account Executive - Future Opportunities
- Honey Ln, Maidenhead, UK
We believe amazing things can happen over a cup of coffee.
Everyone’s coffee experience is unique – that’s why we bring this flavour into our careers. We keep our care and guidance individual to you. We celebrate achievements and support one another in a workplace that’s committed to doing the right thing – all across the world.
Our goal is simple but ambitious. Jacobs Douwe Egberts: a coffee for every cup.
JDE is a €5 billion global business retaining a start-up feel and containing some of the leading brands in Coffee and Tea – Kenco, L’OR, Tassimo and Douwe Egberts to name a few.
The UK represents a top 5 global market for JDE and continues to be a growth engine for the category, driving premiumisation by leading the single-serve partition with the Tassimo brand and premiumising the instant coffee segment through Kenco, L’OR and the Douwe Egberts brands.
Working with us is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the world’s largest pure play coffee company.
Business context of the role:
Commercially JDE is divided into two business units, Retail and Professional. The Retail business unit is aligned with the ‘at home’ consumption of our brands including the traditional top 4 grocers, discounters and convenience.
The retail unit makes up around 75% of the UK&I business and we are now looking to build a pipeline for future National Account Executive opportunities within the retail team. Please note this is not a live vacancy but an opportunity for you to express interest in future NAE opportunities here at JDE.
About the role:
The National Account Executive is primarily responsible for managing and supporting the commercial delivery of a specific customer. Supporting the National Account Controller and the National Account Manager, the National Account Executive will identify opportunities both commercially and in terms of process to drive growth both for JDE and the customer.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Lead Customer EPOS performance tracking
- Leads account promotion evaluation process: Pre/During/Post tracking, including dissemination of information to wider team and recommendations to maximise NOS/GP for JDE.
- Lead Customer/Channel development projects as required with NAM/NAC:
- Supports NAM in running customer performance data (eg AMIA for JS) and JBP tracking as required
- Support customer account processes (aligned with NAM, Sales Analyst): Support customer input tasks such as promotion submissions, NPD/new line details, pricing checks.
- Support account AR/invoicing process with Sales Analyst/NAM as required, linking to promotion performance understanding.
- Support forecasting process (with NAM): Timely input and release on CRM system aligned to agreed customer trade plan.
- Support customer shopper activation (with NAM/ CDM): What have we done, what has worked, best practice, other competitors/categories – work with CDM to maximise impact aligned to account priorities.
- Graduate level preferred but exceptional persons qualified to A-Level/GSCE considered
- PC literate, with good working knowledge of Word, E mail and the Internet. Advanced Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint user
- Strong presentation & communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Basic influencing skills
- Team player
- Excellent discipline and attention to detail
- Self motivated and self starter
- Commercially aware & numerically agile
- Potential for development to NAM / Senior NAM and cross functionally to Category Planning & Revenue Planning
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
We are proud of our passionate and driven associates who challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup
Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and support one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing across the globe. Your achievements here will get noticed.
Jacobs Douwe Egberts is a global coffee & tea company, serving consumers in more than 80 countries through iconic brands including: JACOBS, TASSIMO, MOCCONA, SENSEO, L'OR, DOUWE EGBERTS, KENCO, PILAO and GEVALIA