DevOps Engineer [Remote]
- 1919 14th Street, Suite 700, Boulder, Colorado, us
At IronCore Labs, we help application developers secure the data of their customers and make the world a safer place to do digital business. As a company, we value learning and constant improvement. We want to work with people who dedicate time to reading, taking classes, experimenting with new technologies, or otherwise pushing themselves to be better. We strive for a healthy work-life balance and understand that you have a life outside of work. We work hard and have fun while we are doing it.
IronCore is a small and growing startup backed by venture capital. Our company is based in Boulder, CO and Bozeman, MT.
Are you highly opinionated about how software should be deployed and scaled? Are you passionate about privacy and security and want to shape the deployment and orchestration of a growing data privacy platform? Our team is ready to hire DevOps Engineer #1 to support worldwide deployment and scaling of our privacy platform. You will work alongside a group of software engineers who believe in building things right, not just getting features out the door. You will be part of a team that works across functional boundaries to deliver resilient solutions to our customers.
- Design and implement fault-tolerant and scalable Kubernetes-based infrastructure.
- Work with software engineers and system architects to tune the reliability, performance, and cost of cloud-hosted projects.
- Work with engineering to evaluate and streamline CI/CD processes.
- Create and deliver best practice recommendations.
- Work in a collaborative environment with software engineers, system architects, and at times, the ops and engineering teams of IronCore’s customers.
- Contribute to key open source projects.
- Lead and organize an incident response team based on real-time monitoring/alerting.
- Evaluate and improve backup and recovery systems and processes.
- 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with deployment orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes (or similar).
- Proficient in creating streamlined CI/CD systems using Travis CI (or similar).
- Comfortable developing software in one or more high-level languages (Scala, Java, Python, Go, etc).
Experience with Kubernetes deployments in GKE and/or OpenShift.
Familiarity with one or more cloud computing environments. Multi-cloud deployment experience is a plus.
Proficiency with PostgresSQL or other relational databases.
- Experience with Apache Kafka or other streaming platforms.
This position can be remote and is open to anybody located within the United States with a preference for people located in the Mountain time zone. IronCore Labs is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome minorities, women, veterans, and disabled persons.