- Airport Road, Kabul, Kabul, Afghanistan
Iqarus has a proud history, extending over 40 years, of delivering fully-integrated healthcare solutions in complex and demanding operating environments. We operate across the medical spectrum from primary care and occupational health, to advanced pre-hospital trauma care, through to full scale laboratory, radiological, diagnostic and surgical capabilities. Our approach projects the highest standards of clinical care into the environments in which we operate, through a combination of local knowledge, multinational medical staff, integrated global clinical governance, training and medical supply. Our highly-skilled operational teams deliver frontline and preventative services to mitigate health risk and help organisations keep their workforces safe, healthy, resilient and productive. By increasing the quality, simplicity and efficiency of health delivery we enhance our clients’ return on investment in health and in many instances, help elevate social and/or humanitarian objectives too. Our clients include multinationals and SMEs, governments, non-governmental organisations, supra-nationals, and non-governmental organisations.
To perform routine duties in the laboratory for use in the treatment and diagnosis of disease. To perform tests, record and report results on specimens received in the laboratory in accordance with quality standards and regulations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Collects and/or processes biological specimens and other substances
- Collect blood specimens from patients using heel/finger stick correctly.
- Prepare solutions, reagents, and stains, following standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
- Perform related duties in laboratory to include storing and labelling specimens and tending automatic equipment to prepare specimens and perform analytical tests.
- Calibrate and perform routine maintenance on equipment to ensure proper functioning according to requirement.
- Clean and sterilize laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Prepares stains, reagents, media and solutions necessary for the performance of all laboratory tests.
- Performs, records, and reports results of analytical tests of body fluids, cells, and other substances and confirms normal results.
- Perform routine testing for use in the treatment and diagnosis of disease using standard techniques and equipment.
- Maintain detailed records of tests performed and report laboratory test results to appropriate personnel.
- Demonstrates compliance with infection control policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all stock is accurately tracked and accounted for
- Qualified to diploma/degree level as laboratory technician / biomedical scientis
- Current, valid registration or license to practice in country of origin
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience after certification
- Knowledge and working experience in a hospital or a medical practice including
- Experience in a military role, humanitarian aid, natural disaster sites, post conflict areas or equivalent
- Experience in PCR and BLS2 laboratory practice
- Experience in the fields of hygiene and safe practice of the profession.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills including use of electronic medical records systems
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under high-stress work conditions
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplined team, with clinical and non-clinical personnel
Rotation: 8 weeks on-duty / 8 weeks off-duty