Desktop Support Engineer
- Al Falak St - Al SufouhAl Sufouh 2 - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Iqarus has a proud history, extending over 40 years, of delivering fully-integrated healthcare solutions in complex and demanding operating environments. We operate across the medical spectrum from primary care and occupational health, to advanced pre-hospital trauma care, through to full scale laboratory, radiological, diagnostic and surgical capabilities. Our approach projects the highest standards of clinical care into the environments in which we operate, through a combination of local knowledge, multinational medical staff, integrated global clinical governance, training and medical supply. Our highly-skilled operational teams deliverfrontline and preventative services to mitigate health risk and help organisations keep their workforces safe, healthy, resilient and productive.By increasing the quality, simplicity and efficiency of health delivery we enhance our clients’ return on investment in health and in many instances, help elevate social and/or humanitarian objectives too. Our clients include multinationals and SMEs, governments, non-governmental organisations, supra-nationals, and non-governmental organisations.
The Desktop Support Engineer is responsible for ensuring the organisation's desktops, laptops, and IT services are maintained by providing 1st level of IT support. This is a key role to deliver a high level of technical and process-related desktop support to the users of Iqarus IT in the Dubai Office and across all our International locations (including Afghanistan, Africa, Kosovo). Dubai is where our Executive Team are based and as such the support needed is of the highest calibre in terms of professional response, communicating status, and effective solutions for demanding people. This role may also involve the occasional site visit to our remote sites to provide hands-on support. Provide all levels of technical support, acting as the liaison between the IT team and the company staff members. The Desktop Support Engineer also assists with all IT Support functions, including but not limited to troubleshooting, problem-solving, maintenance, and user education, assisting employees in the proper use of company hardware, operating system software, and application software.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Interact with staff on desktop problems and their resolution.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems in person and remotely, resolving and documenting solutions.
- Build PC’s and laptops to a high level of compliance with established procedures
- Configure and support users for Office365 (including SharePoint, Skype for Business, and OneDrive)
- Support for Windows 10 and Mac iOS operating systems.
- Maintain Active Directory and user account setup.
- Support and optimise Desktop peripherals, Videoconferencing, and other ICT devices.
- Support VOIP phones (Avaya) and mobile phones.
- Visit Iqarus sites internationally to provide IT and Business Systems support as required.
- Maintain documentation of technical detail relating to Desktop equipment and software, including Asset tracking
- Ensure all work is carried out is in accordance with Company Quality, Safety, and HR Management systems.
- Assists in troubleshooting, mentoring, and escalation of issues as required.
- Works with internal IT teams on technical troubleshooting, integration, reporting, and training. Participates in division meetings
- Trains Iqarus staff in the proper use of new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
- Establishes maintains, and manages user system accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent experience and/or Certifications.
- Foundation Certification in ITIL is desirable.
- Five years’ work experience in desktop technology.
- Strong knowledge of Dell/Microsoft desktop technology and Microsoft software applications (Apple Mac experience also advantageous)
- Working knowledge of VOIP (Avaya), and mobile telephony technology
- Working knowledge of Business Applications troubleshooting
- Competent at using MS Office software – Office365, Excel, Word, SharePoint, and Skype
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Outstanding customer service skills, including the ability to interact with all types and skill levels of individuals
- Creativity, self-confidence, and flexibility.
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach and support for innovation and organisational change.
- The ability to function effectively when under pressure and prioritise tasks as required.