- Al Falak St - Al SufouhAl Sufouh 2 - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Iqarus has a proud history, extending over 40 years, of delivering fully-integrated healthcare solutions in complex and demanding operating environments. We operate across the medical spectrum from primary care and occupational health, to advanced pre-hospital trauma care, through to full scale laboratory, radiological, diagnostic and surgical capabilities. Our approach projects the highest standards of clinical care into the environments in which we operate, through a combination of local knowledge, multinational medical staff, integrated global clinical governance, training and medical supply. Our highly-skilled operational teams deliverfrontline and preventative services to mitigate health risk and help organisations keep their workforces safe, healthy, resilient and productive.By increasing the quality, simplicity and efficiency of health delivery we enhance our clients’ return on investment in health and in many instances, help elevate social and/or humanitarian objectives too. Our clients include multinationals and SMEs, governments, non-governmental organisations, supra-nationals, and non-governmental organisations.
The Commercial Manager is responsible for developing pricing, quotations, and commercial proposals in-line with company strategy, as well as playing a key role in revenue/profitability forecasting and analysis.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Review of tender documents, Request for Proposals (RFPs), bids, etc. to identify any commercial risk.
- Liaise with various internal stakeholders such as Delivery and Solutions, Procurement, Sales, Finance, Legal, etc. to gather information for building the pricing / commercial model.
- Develop pricing / commercial models which include financial modelling, sensitivity analysis, cash-flow, budgeting, financial risks & rewards for each tender, RFP, bid.
- Prepare and run pricing review meetings.
- Review draft contracts and identify risks and provide possible mitigations.
- Contract handover and contract management (review and resolve contractual and commercial issues with clients and suppliers).
- Review, manage and propose amendments to existing contract rates, pricing structures, and commercial terms.
- Create operational project budgets for the Delivery and Solutions team which covers key financial milestones, operational delivery plan, resource allocation, and contractual compliance.
- Develop a summary report for individual projects which capture all key information specific to the project such as start/completion date, changes in scope, assets allocation, profitability, etc. for senior management’s usage.
- Identify and understand the variance between actual and planned performance.
- Work closely with the Finance Director and Financial Controller to maintain forecasts of revenue and gross margin for presentation to management and parent company (International SOS).
- Participate in weekly meetings to discuss forecast revenue and gross margin.
- Work closely with the Finance Director and Financial Controller to prepare the annual budget and quarterly forecasts in accordance with International SOS timescales.
- Work closely with the Credit Controller to ensure that client invoicing is completed in accordance with contract terms.
- Participate in month-end review meetings with Finance and Operations teams and assist with the analysis of results.
- Assist with ad-hoc requests for information and analysis, for example, profitability analysis by project, product type, or market segment.
- Ensure compliance with all internal processes and suggest ways to continually improve.
- Degree in Finance, Economics or related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role is essential, preferably within a multinational company
- Good understanding of pricing models is essential, particularly in relation to the delivery of services to corporate clients
- A recognised professional accountancy qualification would be an advantage but is not essential
- Experience in reviewing commercial contracts
- Advanced level in MS Excel is essential and experience of using of macros would be an advantage
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access)
- Good communication skills, with the ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong analytical skills, with emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Personal and professional credibility, with the ability to communicate, present and justify pricing solutions at all levels