- Foresterhill Rd, Aberdeen, UK
Iqarus has a proud history, extending over 40 years, of delivering fully-integrated healthcare solutions in complex and demanding operating environments. We operate across the medical spectrum from primary care and occupational health, to advanced pre-hospital trauma care, through to full scale laboratory, radiological, diagnostic and surgical capabilities. Our approach projects the highest standards of clinical care into the environments in which we operate, through a combination of local knowledge, multinational medical staff, integrated global clinical governance, training and medical supply. Our highly-skilled operational teams deliver frontline and preventative services to mitigate health risk and help organisations keep their workforces safe, healthy, resilient and productive. By increasing the quality, simplicity and efficiency of health delivery we enhance our clients’ return on investment in health and in many instances, help elevate social and/or humanitarian objectives too. Our clients include multinationals and SMEs, governments, non-governmental organisations, supra-nationals, and non-governmental organisations.
We are looking for a counsellor to support the continued demand on our counselling services both on and offshore.
Delivery of a Psychotherapy Service
· improved customer health
· return to work success
· client/customer satisfaction
· maintaining confidential clinical notes/reports
· waiting times kept to minimum
· engagement in clinical supervision and CPD (in line with professional body’s guidelines).
· Improved network/register of accredited/chartered mental health practitioners throughout UK & overseas
· Consider effective response to service gaps as they occur.
· Awareness of market trends/changes and future opportunities. Establish/maintain links with relevant agencies.
· Explore accessibility of service to those in remote locations.
Coordination of service
· Effective communication with customers/clinical staff/administrators.
· Use of effective systems/protocols to ensure smooth running of services.
Post Incident Response Support
· Develop pool/network of people who may be involved in a rapid response service and on-call telephone support regarding post incident matters.
· Develop information leaflets for survivors and those who request/organize post incident support.
Develop guideline/system for post-incident workers to follow if called upon for onsite work/telephone support work.
Required Skills and Knowledge
· Delivery of CBT and/or other psychotherapy modalities that fit within an occupational health service delivery framework (i.e. short-term, focused therapies)
· Ability to use general mental health psychometric assessment/screening tools
· Ability to liaise with external agencies regard service development or customer relations matters (pertaining to mental health services)
· Presentation and training/workshop skills
· Computer literate (esp Microsoft Office suite)
Required Work Experience
· Managing a clinical case load & maintaining confidential clinical notes/files/reports
· Post professional qualification experience in a service delivery setting
· Use of general mental health assessment/screening tools (e.g. Beck tools)
· Service development and building external networks
· Evidence of relevant continuing professional development
· Training/workshop experience
· Working with people in crisis (e.g. post trauma)
· Must have strong level of English language, written and spoken.
Travel / Rotation Requirements
· Base of work will be Aberdeen, with Occasional Travel to Inverness and other UK based or international clinics; travel offshore will be required
· Psychology MA (Hons)
· Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy
· COSCA Certificate in Counselling Skills
· British Association For Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies
· United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy
· British Psychological Society (Graduate Membership)
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with those under clinical supervision and the client
- Keep up to date with industry developments
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Committed to providing service excellence
- Comprehensive knowledge of English (spoken, written and reading)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good computer skills
- Efficient time management
- Ability to provide objective and constructive feedback