ER Nurse/Paramedic - French or Swahili Speaking only
- North Kivu, North Kivu, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Iqarus has a proud history, extending over 40 years, of delivering fully-integrated healthcare solutions in complex and demanding operating environments. We operate across the medical spectrum from primary care and occupational health, to advanced pre-hospital trauma care, through to full scale laboratory, radiological, diagnostic and surgical capabilities. Our approach projects the highest standards of clinical care into the environments in which we operate, through a combination of local knowledge, multinational medical staff, integrated global clinical governance, training and medical supply. Our highly-skilled operational teams deliver frontline and preventative services to mitigate health risk and help organisations keep their workforces safe, healthy, resilient and productive. By increasing the quality, simplicity and efficiency of health delivery we enhance our clients’ return on investment in health and in many instances, help elevate social and/or humanitarian objectives too. Our clients include multinationals and SMEs, governments, non-governmental organisations, supra-nationals, and non-governmental organisations.
The Emergency Nurse provides nursing expertise within the multi-disiplined critical care team to manage, stabilise and package for transport, acutely ill and injured patients.
- Academic Nurse qualification with current registration/license to practice
- Minimum of 5 Years’ post qualification experience
- Formal experience of Flight Intensive/Critical Care and or Emergency Care with current certification
- ATLS or PHTLS or ACLS (or equivalent level pre-hospital care certification)
- Fluency in French and English
- Effective IT skills to include management of electronic medical records
- Work effectively within a multi-disciplined clinical and non-clinical team
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under high-stress work conditions
This is a short term opportunity from 28th July to 18th September 2019
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of medical records for all patients
- Management of all medical supplies for the project and resupply requirements
- Evaluate critically ill or injured patients by collecting current symptoms, as well as a detailed patient history
- Consults and coordinates with health team to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Responsible for maintaining Emergency care standards
- Communicate with doctors and patients to keep everyone updated on test results and treatment recommendations.
- Demonstration of sound decision-making in emergency scenarios based on patient conditions such as vital signs, patient presentation, and assessments.
- Flight nurses are expected to complete transport missions initiated within the timeframe of thier shift, appreciation that many of these missions require working beyond normal work hours.
- Follow all in-flight protocols and perform pilot assistance duties as needed.