Inwit Scouter | Ambassador
Inwit is Toronto’s first Zero Waste Takeout Ordering Platform. It is an innovative solution to single-use waste. A marketplace that encompasses a reusable container borrowing system, rewards system, and a food ordering platform, all tracked by NFC technology.
We were selected as finalists in the Circular City Challenge, placing us in the top 15 solutions for creating solutions for low-carbon cities.
We want to live in a world where a dynamic and conscious humanity is living and working in harmony with nature. We are on a mission to accelerate the transition toward reusable packaging while inspiring conscious consumerism. We do this through the research, development and implementation of human-centred solutions.
Waste in your takeout is a problem? Are you uncomfortable with the throwaway status quo? Do you believe that climate change is the biggest threat to humanity? Do you want to use your skills to inspire people to tackle climate change and embrace conscious living?
Inwit is more than an internship - it's a calling! We inspire and empower people to take climate action by enjoying their takeout waste-free. We are Canada's first zero-waste takeout app! We work with local restaurants and food retailers to offer their delicious food in reusable packaging to our local community in Toronto.
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic Inwit Scouter to be the face and voice of our brand. As a successful candidate, you will be involved in increasing brand awareness and sales by promoting our services through various media channels. You will work closely with our sales and marketing division to achieve its marketing goals and objectives, such as communicating the value of our products to customers, tracking customer feedback, and representing the brand at launches and events.
- Be fluent with the company’s mission, vision, and goals and products.
- Working closely with sales and marketing staff to conceptualize marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Create events to promote sustainability and zero waste lifestyle thru our company´s services
- Educating customers, vendors, and distributors about our products/services.
- Creating social media content in order to drive brand awareness and attract new customers.
- Monitoring customer feedback and escalating complaints to the marketing team.
- Tracking customer preferences, metrics, and media campaigns.
- Representing the company at product launches, events, and trade shows.
- Brainstorming ideas and participating in training and workshops.
- Maintaining a positive image of the brand at all times.
- Prior experience in a customer service environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly, approachable, and outgoing personality.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and tools.
- Adaptable with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to travel short distances near your university/college.
Wage: $1,400 Honorarium paid every 2 months ($17.50 per hour)
Number of Hours: 10 hours per week
Length: 2-6 months
Safety Commitment: Safety is a way of life at Inwit. By placing safety first, we ensure the well-being of our employees, customers, and communities. Together we can become the leading circular economy marketplace by 2050.
Environmental Commitment: Inwit is committed to protecting the environment by minimizing the impact of operations on our people and the communities in which we operate.
EEO Statement: We are a diverse team, we are building a space where everyone feels comfortable and proud of being different. We believe that diversity is our biggest strength! We are proud that our CEO is a woman of colour, and that we have team members part of the LGTBQ+ community, immigrants, and POC. We are looking for more diversity!
Disclaimer and Closing Statement: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to the job.