Strategic Growth Assistant
Inwit is Canada’s first Zero Waste Takeout Ordering Platform. It is an innovative solution to single-use waste. A marketplace that encompasses a reusable container borrowing system, rewards system, and a food ordering platform, all tracked by NFC technology. We were selected as finalists in the Circular City Challenge, placing us in the top 15 solutions for creating solutions for low-carbon cities.
We want to live in a world, where dynamic and conscious humanity is living and working in harmony with nature. We are on a mission to accelerate the transition toward reusable packaging while inspiring conscious consumerism. We are passionate about shaping a sustainable and conscious future together.
Waste in your takeout is a problem? Are you uncomfortable with the throwaway status quo? Do you believe that climate change is the biggest threat to humanity? Do you want to use your skills to inspire people to tackle climate change and embrace conscious living?
Inwit is more than an internship - it's a calling! We inspire and empower people to take climate action by enjoying their takeout waste-free. We are Canada's first zero-waste takeout app! We work with local restaurants and food retailers to offer their delicious food in reusable packaging to our local community in Toronto.
We are looking for a Strategic Growth Assistant to act within our Sales and Business Development teams. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers, partners and platforms. You will be involved in preparing and submitting grants proposal.
- Conduct market research to identify opportunities
- Qualify leads from research topics
- Present our company to potential clients/partners through emails and other channels
- Present our company to potential clients/partners
- Identify client/partners needs on how they are going to work with us
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients/partners
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and CEO
- Report to the CEO and Marketing Manager on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) results
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Support the project management, technical writing and submission of grant proposals
The following is a list of desired qualifications that would be a plus to your application
- Excellent communication and commercial skills
- Track record of achieving connections
- Good business acumen, and the ability to communicate effectively through different mode of communication (writing, speaking)
- Proven work experience in a similar role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Familiarity with Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
Wage: $1,400 Honorarium paid every 2 months ($17.50 per hour)
Number of Hours: 10 hours per week
Length: 2-6 months
Safety Commitment: Safety is a way of life at Inwit. By placing safety first, we ensure the well-being of our employees, customers, and communities. Together we can become the leading circular economy marketplace by 2050.
Environmental Commitment: Inwit is committed to protecting the environment by minimizing the impact of operations on our people and the communities in which we operate.
EEO Statement: We are a diverse team, we are building a space where everyone feels comfortable and proud of being different. We believe that diversity is our biggest strength! We are proud that our CEO is a woman of colour, and that we have team members part of the LGTBQ+ community, immigrants, and POC. We are looking for more diversity!
Disclaimer and Closing Statement: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to the job.