Assistant Secretary-General, Director Executive Office
- Worldwide, OTHER
The International Youth Federation (IYF), is an international non-profit youth organizations network governed by the present Statutes and the Swiss Civil Code. It is neutral politically, and non-denominational, aim to empower youth worldwide. The IYF is a part of the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Youth Network.
Does making a difference motivate you? Do you want to be part of the global youth movement? Are you passionate about youth empowerment? Are you driven to be a part of a bigger purpose in the service of the young people? If you think you embody these values then you can apply to join us through the available vacancies listed below.
*All the vacancies are Remote/Community-basis and does not require travel, Kindly note that all the advertised jobs on this page are on a VOLUNTARY basis.
Position title: Assistant Secretary-General
Category: FTA International
Duration: Four Years
Supervisor/Report to: Secretary-General
Job type: Volunteer (Part-Time)
The Fédération Internationale de la Jeunesse in English International Youth Federation (IYF), is an international non-profit youth organization network governed by the present Statutes and the Swiss Civil Code. It is politically neutral, and non-denominational, aiming to empower youth worldwide.
The IYF is a global youth network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to empower young people across the world. IYF works in over 50 countries and territories, helping to achieve youth empowerment and improve the status of youth.
The IYF Executive Office (IYFExO) is a central office tasked with the development of corporate strategies, policies, tools and systems in both key and cross-cutting management areas. The office provides the support needed to enable the IYF Senior Management Team (SMT) to effectively perform their leadership roles. The IYFExO oversee the work of the IYF Commissions, Regional Administrations, HQ Bureaux and their associates’ bodies.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Secretary-General, the Assistant Secretary-General and Director of the Executive Office provides management support to senior management, Regional Administrations, and other HQ departments and contributes to the development of quality management content including the development of management tools and content to address management challenges. Also, he/she is responsible for knowledge sharing and learning management.
To voluntarily represent, positively promote, and uphold the mission of “Empowering youth for a better world” in various programs and opportunities throughout the IYF interventions across member countries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(A) Corporate Management Support:
- Providing overall leadership and shaping strategic thinking for IYF’s engagement across member countries;
- Providing guidance to the IYF Representatives and Regional Directors, including playing a facilitating role with host Governments, donors and counterparts as needed;
- Building and maintaining strategic partnerships for IYF, with a focus on knowledge sharing, joint activities and resource mobilization;
- Provides substantive inputs and supports the development of policies, procedures, terms of references, strategies, guidance notes on management issues;
- Coordinates reviews, analyses and quality assurance of key policy documents prepared by the Executive Office Units before submission to internal and external bodies;
- Directly liaise with the IYF Chairs and other HQ/regional Directors on substantive issues on behalf of SG;
- Contribute to the review/evaluation of Country Teams work plans, and Regional-level Administration’s plans;
- Represents and serves as designated management focal point for the IYF Headquarter, coordinate high-level metings and missions;
- Conduct reviews, analysis and provides inputs and comments in cooperation with other cross-functional units’ prior submission to the IYF Senior Management for final clearance and approval; and
- Performs other duties, as assigned by the Secretary-General.
(B) Executive and Operations Support:
- Serve as HQ focal point for interagency relationships and issues by attending meetings, taking notes and drawing conclusions on the implications in the IYF and opportunities for interventions, partnerships, diplomacy, etc., which would require the active and direct intervention of the SG;
- Manage the IYF Executive Office, its staff, integrated work plans, and budgets, with appropriate delegation of day to day management operations;
- Managing the budget of the IYF Head Office in collaboration with SMT and HQ Operations Team;
- Assist in the preparation of high-level missions and special events of the IYF;
- Keeps abreast of major events globally which are of interest and relevance to the IYF and advises senior management team accordingly;
- Provides oversight and guidance to the Executive Office in the field of management for efficient functioning of their duties; and
- Attends high-level meetings with the Secretary-General and prepare relevant notes for file and ensure follow up.
- Strategic planning and creative thinking.
- Planning and organizing.
- Drive for Results.
- Collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to conceptualize and convey strategic vision from the spectrum of development experience.
- Strong people management skills.
- Ability to provide information, tools, resources to support work achievement.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Highly interest in youth empowerment issues.
- Relevant coordination skills are required.
Experience and results preferred at national level preferred in youth empowerment role, training, knowledge management, development, communications, international relations, capacity building, sport, women empowerment, public administration, public affairs, political science, international relations, economic affairs, social science, business administration, law, development studies, youth-led organizations or another relevant field.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
This vacancy is a voluntary-based position with (4-10 Hours/Week) part-time commitment