Executive Associate to Secretary-General
- Worldwide - Remote, OTHER
The International Youth Federation (IYF), is an international non-profit youth organizations network governed by the present Statutes and the Swiss Civil Code. It is neutral politically, and non-denominational, aim to empower youth worldwide. The IYF is a part of the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Youth Network.
Does making a difference motivate you? Do you want to be part of the global youth movement? Are you passionate about youth empowerment? Are you driven to be a part of a bigger purpose in the service of the young people? If you think you embody these values then you can apply to join us through the available vacancies listed below.
*All the vacancies are Remote/Community-basis and does not require travel, Kindly note that all the advertised jobs on this page are on a VOLUNTARY basis.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of the Executive Office, the Executive Associate ensures effective and efficient functioning of supporting the Executive Office, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignments, maintenance of protocol procedures, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made. The Executive Associate works in close collaboration with the IYF staff, HQ departments, and partner agencies to ensure an efficient flow of information.
1. Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the Executive Office
- Maintenance of the Secretary-General’s calendar, contacts with high-ranking officials, the arrangement of appointments and online meetings;
- Preparation of high-quality briefing materials for SG for meetings and when required;
- Management of the SG tasks, actions and representation schedule;
- Maintenance of contacts of high-level partners and senior officials; and
- Preparation of correspondence, directives, comments on behalf of the SG for and making follow-up when required.
2. Ensures provision of effective communications support:
- Maintenance of the information system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Coordination of the information flow in the office, follow up on circulation files;
- Facilitation of information sharing between Representatives, Regional Administration, and other IYF Commissions; and
- Follow up on correspondence, deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the SG.
3. Ensures effective administrative and logistical support:
- Maintenance of archives, making sure files are properly stored and accessible; safekeeping of documents and assistance in the collection of reference and background material from registry filesl
- Registration and dispatch of the outgoing communications, including pouch, and follow-up distribution; and
- Providing administrative support to the Executive Office in other meetings.
- Strategic planning and creative thinking.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Drive for Results.
- Collaboration and Teamwork.
- Ability to assist in corporate strategic initiatives.
- Excellent computer, internet, social media and information system skills.
- Only (18-38) age is accepted for this position.
- Highly interest in youth empowerment, youth issues.
Skills Required For Position
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with a diverse community.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations quickly, accurately and effectively.
Experience and results preferred at national level preferred in youth empowerment role, development, communications, international relations, youth studies, sport, women empowerment, youth-led organizations or another relevant field.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
This vacancy is a voluntary-based position with (4-10 Hours/Week) part-time commitment