Director, Bureau of External Relations
- Remote, Worldwide, OTHER
The International Youth Federation (IYF), is an international non-profit youth organizations network governed by the present Statutes and the Swiss Civil Code. It is neutral politically, and non-denominational, aim to empower youth worldwide. The IYF is a part of the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Youth Network.
At the IYF, you will join a global organization dedicated to youth empowerment, with strong ethics, an international work environment, and attractive career development. Every youth is important to the IYF. We grow and develop our staff to their fullest potential. In the IYF, we provide the opportunities for the young people to advance professionally and personally through continuous training and development.
We offer a structured development programme that consists of comprehensive foundation courses for youth, as well as online training courses.
*All the vacancies are Online/Community Basis and does not require travel, Kindly note that all the advertised jobs are on a VOLUNTARY basis.
For more information please visit www.iyfweb.org
Position Title: Director, Bureau of External Relations
Category: FTA International
Duration: One Year (Renewable)
Supervisor/Report to: Chair of International Relations
Job type: Volunteer Service (VS) Part-Time
Deadline: 30 August 2019
The Fédération Internationale de la Jeunesse in English International Youth Federation (IYF), is an international non-profit youth organization network governed by the present Statutes and the Swiss Civil Code. It is politically neutral, and non-denominational, aiming to empower youth worldwide.
The IYF is a global youth network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to empower young people across the world. IYF works in over 50 countries and territories, helping to achieve youth empowerment and improve the status of youth.
The IYF Bureau of External Relations (IYFER) is responsible for the IYF’s external relations and international cooperation. The Bureau leads and supports the organization in building and strengthening strategic relationships and alliances that are essential for advancing and successfully achieving the mission of the IYF.
The Bureau Director reports to the Chair of International Relations. He/She is a member of the IYF Partnerships Board and contributes to shaping and monitoring the overall work of the Bureau to contribute to the achievements of organizational priorities and achieve outcomes.
To voluntarily represent, positively promote, and uphold the mission of “Empowering youth for a better world” in various programs and opportunities throughout the IYF interventions across member countries.
(A) Partnerships Support:
- Provides substantive support to the IYF Regional Administrations and Country Teams on partnerships and international relations matters;
- Prepares partnerships reports, publications, analytical documents, briefing notes and programme proposals;
- Develops and maintains relations with counterparts and senior officials in Member States, other regional, global organizations and international and regional agencies;
- Undertakes administrative and other tasks as assigned by the Secretary-General and the Chair to deliver the programme of work of the Bureau; and
- Developing new, innovative partnerships.
(B) Management Support:
- Manages the Bureau of External Relations, including oversight the Bureau's staff, regional focal points and works collaboratively and collegiately across the IYF to achieve outcomes and results;
- Coordinates and updates organization-wide partnership strategy development, maintains, tracks and advises on key organizational partnerships;
- Guides, mentors and develops a team of regional focal points managers in the Regional Administrations; and
- Oversees and is responsible for the Bureau’s operations in human resources and general administration.
- Strategic planning and creative thinking.
- Planning and organizing.
- Drive for results.
- Collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to conceptualize and convey strategic vision from the spectrum of development experience.
- Strong people management skills.
- Ability to provide information, tools, resources to support work achievement.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Highly interest in youth empowerment issues.
- Relevant coordination/communications skills are required.
Experience and results preferred at national level preferred in marketing, communications, youth empowerment role, training, knowledge management, development, international relations, capacity building, sports, women's empowerment, public administration, public affairs, political science, international relations, economic affairs, social science, business administration, law, development studies, youth-led organizations or other relevant field.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise, which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
Fluency in English with superior drafting skills is essential.
As we are working on a very flexible schedule, the time commitment will be around (4-8 hours/week), but that may vary from week to another.