Director, Bureau of Governance & Policy Support
- Remote, Worldwide, OTHER
The International Youth Federation (IYF), is an international non-profit youth organizations network governed by the present Statutes and the Swiss Civil Code. It is neutral politically, and non-denominational, aim to empower youth worldwide. The IYF is a part of the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Youth Network.
At the IYF, you will join a global organization dedicated to youth empowerment, with strong ethics, an international work environment, and attractive career development. Every youth is important to the IYF. We grow and develop our staff to their fullest potential. In the IYF, we provide the opportunities for the young people to advance professionally and personally through continuous training and development.
We offer a structured development programme that consists of comprehensive foundation courses for youth, as well as online training courses.
*All the vacancies are Online/Community Basis and does not require travel, Kindly note that all the advertised jobs are on a VOLUNTARY basis.
For more information please visit www.iyfweb.org
Position title: Director, Bureau of Governance & Policy Support
Category: FTA International
Duration: One Year (Renewable)
Supervisor/Report to: Chair of International Relations
Job type: Volunteer (Part-Time)
The Fédération Internationale de la Jeunesse in English International Youth Federation (IYF), is an international non-profit youth organization network governed by the present Statutes and the Swiss Civil Code. It is politically neutral, and non-denominational, aiming to empower youth worldwide.
The IYF is a global youth network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to empower young people across the world. IYF works in over 50 countries and territories, helping to achieve youth empowerment and improve the status of youth.
The Bureau of Governance & Policy Support (BGPS) has the responsibility for research and analyze all relevant youth policies and guidance to support the results of the IYF’s strategic interventions. BGPS’s staff provides technical advice to Country Teams; advocates for the IYF corporate messages and represents the IYF at multi-stakeholder fora including public-private dialogues, government, and civil society dialogues, cooperation initiatives.
The Director, BGPS will report to the Chair of International Relations Commission and will be responsible for supporting the IYF Senior Management in diverse aspects related to policy issues, advocacy, research, analysis and capacity development in areas related to governance and policy support.
To voluntarily represent, positively promote, and uphold the mission of “Empowering youth for a better world” in various programs and opportunities throughout the IYF interventions across member countries.
(A) Governance Support:
- Provides substantive support to governmental bodies on youth issues and establishing a worldwide network of focal points at the government’s entities level including Ministries of Youth and Parliament committees on youth;
- Prepares reports, publications, analytical documents, briefing notes and proposals for IYF officials;
- Conceives, plans and manages governmental and expert group meetings, seminars, workshops, and other events; researches, compiles, and summarizes information and data on policies, programmes/projects and proposes designs and supervises research;
- Prepares first drafts of sectoral, country, regional or international components of analytical studies on governance, public administration and development management in support of sustainable development;
- Develops and maintains relations with counterpart and senior officials in the Member States, other regional, global organizations and international and regional governance, academia and research institutions and ensures a response to requests for advice and/or assistance on governance, youth issues and policies;
- Plans and backstops the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity building projects for youth-related governmental bodies;
- Represents the IYF, and makes presentations on their behalf, related to the Organization’s work and concerns of its Member States, at international, regional or national meetings; and
- Undertakes administrative and other tasks as assigned by the Secretary-General and the Chair to deliver the programme of work of the Bureau.
(B) Advocacy/Advancing Policy-Oriented Agenda
- Maintains a functioning network of contacts with a variety of stakeholders to promote a better understanding of the IYF’s mandate and to support policy-based advocacy efforts;
- Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration; and
- Participates in the formulation of project proposals and ensures substantive rigor in the design and application of proven successful approaches and drafts proposals accordingly.
(C) Building Strategic Partnerships
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information regarding partnership-related issues and promoting new approaches;
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Analyzes information/databases on potential and actual donors;
- Promoting organizational learning and knowledge sharing; and
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things.
- Strategic planning and creative thinking;
- Planning and organizing;
- Drive for results; and
- Collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to conceptualize and convey strategic vision from the spectrum of development experience.
- Strong people management skills.
- Ability to provide information, tools, resources to support work achievement.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Highly interest in youth empowerment issues.
- Relevant coordination skills are required.
Experience and results preferred at national level preferred in policy-based role, youth empowerment role, training, knowledge management, development, communications, international relations, capacity building, sport, women empowerment, public administration, public affairs, political science, international relations, economic affairs, social science, business administration, law, development studies, youth-led organizations or other relevant field.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
Fluency in English with superior drafting skills is essential.
As we are working on a very flexible schedule, the time commitment will be around (4-8 hours/week), but that may vary from week to another.