Communications Specialist, NAC
- Worldwide - Remote, OTHER
The International Youth Federation (IYF), is an international non-profit youth organizations network governed by the present Statutes and the Swiss Civil Code. It is neutral politically, and non-denominational, aim to empower youth worldwide. The IYF is a part of the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Youth Network.
Does making a difference motivate you? Do you want to be part of the global youth movement? Are you passionate about youth empowerment? Are you driven to be a part of a bigger purpose in the service of the young people? If you think you embody these values then you can apply to join us through the available vacancies listed below.
*All the vacancies are Remote/Community-basis and does not require travel, Kindly note that all the advertised jobs on this page are on a VOLUNTARY basis.
Position Title: Communications Specialist
Category: FTA International
Duration: One Year (Renewable)
Department: NGO Accreditation Center
Supervisor/Report to: Director, NAC
Job type: Volunteer Service (VS) Part-Time
The International Youth Federation is an international non-profit youth organizations network governed by the present Statutes and the Swiss Civil Code. It is neutral politically, and non-denominational, aim to empower youth worldwide.
The mission of the IYF NGO Accreditation Center (NAC) is to advance excellence in youth-led organizations worldwide. NAC is governed by the IYF International Relations Commission who serves as the policy-making body in all matters related to the IYF Accreditation programmes.
Under the direct guidance of the Director of NAC, the Communications Specialist is responsible for positioning the center work in priority areas worldwide through mainstream media, multimedia, and social media platforms. He/she is responsible for coordinating effective communications tasks, drafting and editing communication materials, developing and implementing global campaigns in coordination with relevant offices/departments.
To voluntarily represent, positively promote, and uphold the mission of “Empowering youth for better world” in various programs and opportunities throughout the IYF interventions across member countries.
(A) Contribute to developing and implementing NAC’s media communications strategy including:
- Initiate, draft, edit communications materials, including press kits, fact sheets, infographics and multimedia products.
- Work across the organization with HQ and regional experts, and the accredited organizations’ focal points to identify media moments, success stories, develop and implement relevant materials and media outreach for the center.
- Work with social media team to draft messages for social media platforms.
- Generate innovative ways to gain quality media coverage across all channels.
(B) Support the center outreach to international media:
- Collaborate with Regional Administrations and Regional Communication Advisers to identify potential stories for media placement in international media.
- Identify opportunities for report launches and other media moments with relevant Regional Administrations in broadcast, print and online media.
(C) Communications Support:
- Draft correspondences, and coordinate all communications-related matters.
- Maintained and expanded contacts with external partners; topics, background information, news-related developments and coverage of interest to each identified.
- Oversee and maintain the center outreach and produces information materials for public outreach.
- Oversees the center online contents and improve its web presence through a wide number of communications products and online promotional items such as newsletters, videos, social media campaigns etc.
- Promote the center through national, regional and global social media accounts in line with corporate social media policy.
(D) Marketing Support:
- Assist development and execution of select marketing communications programs and/or promotional brand activities
- Assist development of promotional marketing materials such as banners, videos and other branded communications
- Analyze and report performance of marketing campaigns and compare results to established objectives to assure the effectiveness of marketing programs
- Strategic planning and creative thinking.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Drive for Results.
- Collaboration and Teamwork.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, members, volunteers and other supporters.
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with a diverse community.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Highly interest in youth empowerment issues.
- Knowledge sharing skills are required.
Experience and results preferred at national level preferred in a communication role, development, communications, blogging, youth issues, sport, women empowerment, youth-led organizations or another relevant field.
Fluency in English with superior drafting skills is essential.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
This vacancy is a voluntary-based position with (4-10 Hours/Week) part-time commitment