Director, Bureau of Programme Support
- Worldwide, OTHER
The International Youth Federation (IYF), is an international non-profit youth organizations network governed by the present Statutes and the Swiss Civil Code. It is neutral politically, and non-denominational, aim to empower youth worldwide. The IYF is a part of the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Youth Network.
At the IYF, you will join a global organization dedicated to youth empowerment, with strong ethics, an international work environment, and attractive career development. Every youth is important to the IYF. We grow and develop our staff to their fullest potential. In the IYF, we provide the opportunities for the young people to advance professionally and personally through continuous training and development.
We offer a structured development programme that consists of comprehensive foundation courses for youth, as well as online training courses.
*All the vacancies are Online/Community Basis and does not require travel, Kindly note that all the advertised jobs are on a VOLUNTARY basis.
For more information please visit www.iyfweb.org
Position title: Director, Bureau of Programme Support
Category: FTA International
Duration: One Year (Renewable)
Supervisor/Report to: IYF Security-General
Job type: Volunteer Service (VS) Part-Time
The International Youth Federation is an international non-profit youth organizations network governed by the present Statutes and the Swiss Civil Code. It is neutral politically, and non-denominational, aim to empower youth worldwide.
Under the supervision of the IYF Secretary-General, of the Director will undertake a variety of functions conduct programmatic and operational oversight on the Regional Administrations by identifying and developing innovative approaches to design, develop and executive youth empowerment programmes for the IYF. S/he working to ensure the execution of quality and coherent policy and programme advisory services within Regional Administrations and across other regions as well as alignment with the IYF Strategy.
To voluntarily represent, positively promote, and uphold the mission of “Empowering youth for a better world” in various programs and opportunities throughout the IYF interventions across member countries.
(A) Programme Oversight:
• Conduct relevant analysis and guidance and prepare initial drafts of technical programme advice and programme support documents that respond to regional and national country team’s needs.
• Support Country Teams in integrating strategic programme inputs into country plans and projects documents, budgets and M&E frameworks, including fostering partnerships with community groups and the private sector.
• Support the development of complementary policies and guidance to facilitate the IYF’s work on youth development.
• Review and assess existing national and local policies relevant to youth development, with the objective to identify gaps and opportunities for development of new policies and to guide overall priorities and work plans and budgets.
• Develop or contribute to briefings and speeches, as applicable, for regional- and country-specific meetings on youth development.
(B) Partnerships and Resource Mobilization:
• Undertake research for partnership building and resource mobilization to strengthen policy development and programme delivery on youth empowerment and development issues.
• Develop papers and marketing materials, and participate in relevant regional/country-focused external meetings, in line with the IYF’s partnership and resource mobilization strategy.
• Undertake resource mobilization jointly with relevant IYF teams, international agencies and other relevant stakeholders for regional and country-level programming.
• Partner with relevant global, regional and country-level organizations and networks to support Country Teams’ policy development and programming needs.
• Identify innovative ways to engage the private sector and community groups to work with Country Teams.
(C) Inter-Agency Support:
• Oversees the management of activities undertaken by the Programme Board, ensures that programmed activities are carried out in a timely fashion, as appropriate.
• Coordinates and oversees the preparation of reports for the presentation to intergovernmental bodies, including on budget/programme performance and on programmatic/substantive issues.
• Supports the IYF inter-agency work and relations with other multilateral institutions and bilateral donors at headquarters level, concerning operations in country teams, and assists in the IYF inter-agency participation at donors and consultative group meetings.
• Represents the IYF in meetings with external agencies, governments, donors, missions, and other organizations interested in the IYF’s work.
• Strategic planning and creative thinking.
• Planning and Organizing.
• Drive for Results.
• Collaboration and Teamwork.
• Ability to conceptualize and convey strategic vision from the spectrum of development experience.
• Strong people management skills.
• Ability to provide information, tools, resources to support work achievement.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Highly interest in youth empowerment issues.
• Relevant coordination skills are required.
Experience and results preferred at national level preferred in progamme management role, training, knowledge management, development, communications, international relations, capacity building, sport, women empowerment, public administration, public affairs, political science, international relations, economic affairs, social science, business administration, law, development studies, youth-led organizations or other relevant field.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
This vacancy is a voluntary-based position with (4-10 Hours/Week) part-time commitment.