- Worldwide, Remote-Post, OTHER
The International Youth Federation (IYF), is an international non-profit youth organizations network governed by the present Statutes and the Swiss Civil Code. It is neutral politically, and non-denominational, aim to empower youth worldwide. The IYF is a part of the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Youth Network.
Does making a difference motivate you? Do you want to be part of the global youth movement? Are you passionate about youth empowerment? Are you driven to be a part of a bigger purpose in the service of young people? If you think you embody these values then you can apply to join us through the available vacancies listed below.
*All the vacancies are Remote/Community-basis and does not require travel, Kindly note that all the advertised jobs on this page are on a VOLUNTARY basis.
**THIS IS A RE-ADVERTISEMENT IF YOU APPLIED BEFORE PLEASE DO NOT APPLY AGAIN**
Vacancy ID: HQ/BOM/HR/5541
Position title: Under-Secretary-General
Category: FTA International
Duration: 4 Years
Supervisor/Report to: Secretary-General
Department: Executive Office
Job type: Volunteer (Part-Time)
Deadline: 30 June 2019
The Secretary-General is pleased to announce the following job opening at the USG level: Under-Secretary-General based worldwide (Remotely).
In order to ensure a wide pool of candidates for this position, the IYF welcomes any applications to supplement the Secretary-General’s own search and consultations. The IYF would especially welcome nominations of women candidates.
The Under-Secretary-General (USG) is the third senior official after the President and the Secretary-General. The position of USG requires energy and sustained commitment. It is demanding in its necessary attention to detail. It is best suited to a person who is well organized, has developed administrative skills and has appropriate, but by no means elaborate secretarial assistance. Ensuring the smooth running of the IYF’s work plan and assisting the Senior Management Team (SMT). She/he is assisted by Assistant Secretary-General(s) in promoting and ensuring the necessary cooperation and coordination, liaising with the IYF secretariats to coordinating inter-agency relations at management and technical level.
The USG reports to and supports the Secretary-General in advancing the IYF performance and providing the necessary advice in accordance with the IYF mandates to support Member States’ efforts in the field of youth empowerment, and meet the challenges of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development while ensuring national leadership and ownership.
(A) Official Representation:
- Represent the IYF Management team at all levels;
- When delegated, verifying and signing all acts adopted by the Executive Board, together with the SG;
- Assisting the SG in preparing important meetings/missions of the IYF;
- In the absence of the SG, the USG shall assume the functions of the SG;
- Communicate the decisions of IYF administration, commissions and senior management on behalf of the IYF; and
- Conduct the correspondence of the IYF and send out notices of all event, conferences and meetings at the international level.
(B) Governance and Coordination Support:
- Prepare annual reports on the work of the IYF and such other documents, which may, from time to time, be required by the IYF administration;
- Act as chair for and at all meetings of the Executive Office. He/she shall prepare and distribute the agenda and other materials and keep the minutes of all meetings;
- Report annually, on behalf of the Executive Office, about the activities of the Federation and of its committees/divisions, Joint Committees and other bodies;
- To manage, devise, submit and monitor all budgets in their activity area, to ensure there are no negative variances.
- Analysis and Decision Making.
- Strategic planning and creative thinking.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Drive for Results.
- Collaboration and Teamwork.
- Leadership, Advocacy, Engagement and Influence.
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice.
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting.
- Ability to lead and manage corporate strategic initiatives.
- Excellent computer, internet, social media and information system skills.
- Ability to establish effective working relations in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Demonstrates strong team management skills.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Substantive experience and results preferred at the international or multi-cultural level including experience in development, communications, international relations youth studies, sport, women empowerment, youth-led organizations or relevant field.
Excellent knowledge of the international norms and standards is essential.
- Fluency in English with superior drafting skills is essential.
- Good knowledge of another language will be considered an asset.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
This vacancy is a voluntary-based position with (4-8 Hours/Week) part-time commitment