- 2711 N 1st St, San Jose, CA 95134, USA
International Technological University (ITU), a non-profit, graduate university, empowers people through industry-linked Silicon Valley education. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, ITU partners with industry professionals to teach and mentor graduate students in the areas of engineering, business, technology, and digital arts. Fundamental to ITU’s mission is engaging staff who are committed to providing excellent service and building a global organization. We are looking for people who are excited by challenges, crave growth, prioritize learning, and strive for continual improvement.
Learn more about ITU at www.itu.edu
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing clerical, administrative, event planning, and project support to the Department of University Affairs. He/she maintains a current knowledge of appropriate policies, processes and procedures in an effort to assure efficiency and integrity of the department.
· Provides administrative support for the department, as directed by the department director.
· Provides support for associated activities, to include managing the schedule/calendar, making travel arrangements, screening and handling telephone communications, greeting and directing visitors, and dealing with administrative problems and inquiries as appropriate.
· Serves as a primary point of direct administrative contact and liaison with other offices and individuals on a range of issues.
· Utilizes knowledge and understanding of underlying operational issues to assist in administrative problem solving.
· Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and special events as requested; schedules and coordinates dates and times, venues, attendance, agendas, and facilities; takes minutes, and provides administrative support and follow-up on matters arising from meetings.
· Assists in the coordination, control, and completion of special projects as requested.
· Manages and executes catering requests for meetings with internal and external constituents as directed by the department director.
$20 - $22 per hour
· Associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university
· Meticulous and able to multi-task
· Able to work independently and collaboratively
· An excellent communicator and team-builder who can work well across departments, mentor others, and foster a positive culture in a high intensity environment
· Strong decision making skills and the ability to set priorities while juggling multiple responsibilities and tasks
· A quick learner who is flexible and able to accommodate the needs of a rapidly evolving organization
· Experience working with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
· Demonstrate understanding of non-profit university environment, mission, values, and overall function
· Demonstrate the following: integrity, ethical conduct, teamwork, analytical skills, commitment to excellence, strong leadership, problem solving, and communication skills
· Ability to accurately proofread and strong attention to detail, including good grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary skills is required.
· Maintaining confidentiality is essential.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.