- 2711 N 1st St, San Jose, CA 95134, USA
International Technological University (ITU), a non-profit, graduate university, empowers people through industry-linked Silicon Valley education. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, ITU partners with industry professionals to teach and mentor graduate students in the areas of engineering, business, technology, and digital arts. Fundamental to ITU’s mission is engaging staff who are committed to providing excellent service and building a global organization. We are looking for people who are excited by challenges, crave growth, prioritize learning, and strive for continual improvement.
Learn more about ITU at www.itu.edu
The Facilities Custodian will report to the Facilities Development Supervisor. This is a Full-Time/ Part-Time position supporting the Facilities Development Supervisor by providing proactive maintenance and responsive service for repairs and projects.
● Clean building floors
● Collect trash
● Service and clean restrooms
● Clean furniture and fixtures
● Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors
● Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks
● As assigned, help repair and maintain the fleet of vehicles
● Audit and maintain inventories of supplies and equipment
● Coordinating company meetings and events with other department assistants
● Inspect and evaluate physical condition of university for program compliance, i.e. safety,
quality, and service
● Assist the operations team with cost analysis to help identify areas to reduce the budget
● Participate in the development of program/process improvements
● Work to maintain a safe working environment for all ITU employees and students
● Ensure Quality Control of supplies
● Team Player
● Professional attitude
● Maintain the warehouse area
● Follow all safety procedures
● All other duties as assigned by the Operations Supervisor
Hours are TBD but will be between 7:30am and 10:30pm
$16 - $20 per hour
● High School Diploma
● 1 to 3 years of custodial experience
● Excellent communication skills: Good listening, written and verbal skills
● Basic computers skills and knowledge of Microsoft office
● Valid California Drivers License Class C
● Ability to climb ladders and work on the roof.
● Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. and stand/walk for extended periods of time
● Must be willing to submit to a background check
● Must have excellent attention to detail
● Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands
● Flexibility to meet the changing requirements of the job
● ADA required
● Weekends and overtime may be required.
Basic electric, plumbing, painting, and janitorial experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.