Assistant Director of Campus Services
- 2711 N 1st St, San Jose, CA 95134, USA
International Technological University (ITU), a non-profit, graduate university, empowers people through industry-linked Silicon Valley education. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, ITU partners with industry professionals to teach and mentor graduate students in the areas of engineering, business, technology, and digital arts. Fundamental to ITU’s mission is engaging staff who are committed to providing excellent service and building a global organization. We are looking for people who are excited by challenges, crave growth, prioritize learning, and strive for continual improvement.
Learn more about ITU at www.itu.edu
Role and Responsibilities
As stewards of University resources, ITU Campus Services provides the highest quality service and efficient support to faculty, students, staff, alumni, and visitors. The Assistant Director will plan, develop, and manage the following functional areas: Student Information Desk, Guest Reception, Call Center, Campus Bulletin Board, Student ID Administration, VTA Administration, Procurement Services, and Vendor Process.
Student Information Desk, Guest Reception, Call Center, Campus Bulletin Board, Student ID Administration (40%)
· Lead a team of administrative and student staff in providing in person, phone, and remote support services for inquiries, ensuring a high level of efficiency and client satisfaction.
· Supervise, hire, train, and evaluate the performance of staff. Facilitate a collaborative environment with cross-training and staff development.
· Promote an atmosphere of exceptional customer service providing quality information utilizing knowledge of University policies and procedures, guiding and redirecting students and guests to appropriate communication channels, resources, departments and/or staff members, suggesting options or alternate solutions for resolution.
· Interface with, and recommend systems and software to ensure best practices and smooth efficient operations of the Center.
· Track and communicate with staff and other departments regarding student needs, concerns or changes in behavioral patterns.
· Drive efforts to improve current processes, communication, and understanding of University policies.
· Develop annual operational plan and budget that reflects the priorities and needs of the University.
· Establish internal department policies and procedures that support best business practices.
· Support student facing departments such as Admissions, Academic Advising, and International Student Office to make connections with students, through appointment scheduling, guest notification and walk-in coordination.
· Oversee the generation and control of the student identification card system.
· Work with Campus Safety for the issue of photo access card for employees, vendors, GPA participants, short-term summer camp students, etc.
· Responsible for the informational bulletin boards throughout the campus.
VTA Administration (10%)
· Primary point of contact between ITU and Valley Transit Authority (VTA). Review and recommend annual contract for authorization. Administration of the University VTA Clipper Card program for local mass transit.
· Administer of the Student ID program.
Procurement and Vendor Process (35%)
· Act as the head of procurement to oversee the daily operations of the university's procurement activities to ensure timely and accurate processing of purchase orders and purchases for the University.
· Protects the interests of the University regarding procurements on purchasing issues, shipping, receiving, invoicing, and all other areas of responsibility following best business practices in the industry.
· Proactively work with all departments to insure compliance with University procurement policies.
· Directs negotiations with vendors, service providers, and suppliers to obtain the best quality and price. Administers request for quotation, and assist with sourcing of materials and services.
· Work closely with the Department of Accounting Services to direct the preparation and issuance of purchase orders/purchase requisitions and ensures completeness and clarity of each requisition and internal controls for the university.
· Liaise with Accounts Payable to resolve payment issues.
· Associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university
· Meticulous and able to multi-task.
· Able to work independently and collaboratively.
· An excellent communicator and team-builder who can work well across departments, mentor others, and foster a positive culture in a high intensity environment.
· Strong decision making skills and the ability to set priorities while juggling multiple responsibilities and tasks.
· A quick learner who is flexible and able to accommodate the needs of a rapidly evolving organization.
· Experience working with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
· Demonstrate understanding of non-profit university environment, mission, values, and overall function.
· Demonstrate the following: integrity, ethical conduct, teamwork, analytical skills, commitment to excellence, strong leadership, problem solving, and communication skills.
· 3+ years of procurement experience.
· 5+ years of customer service experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.