Front Desk Receptionist
- 2711 North First Street, San Jose, California, us
ITU is a non-profit, WASC accredited, graduate university offering Master’s and doctoral degrees and certificate programs in fields of business administration, electrical, computer and software engineering, engineering management, computer science and digital arts. A one year capstone baccalaureate degree is being developed as a bridge to ITU’s Master’s degree programs. The university currently serves approximately one thousand one hundred students from 44 different countries.
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley close to leading technology companies, ITU’s curriculum model seeks to provide students with the most current, industry-relevant developments in their respective fields, built on a sound foundation of disciplinary principles and skills. ITU draws its faculty from leading engineers and executives in Silicon Valley companies and students have opportunities for internships in these companies and leading technology firms throughout the nation.
International Technological University is a culturally diverse university seeking an information and call center representative. The right candidate is customer service focused, works well in a high-traffic, quick paced environment. The candidate should be friendly, outgoing, confident, enthusiastic, sociable, and welcoming to our students, staff, faculty and University visitors. Remaining calm, patient, and polite while assisting students over the phone and/or in person simultaneously is a must. Be willing to embrace change with a positive attitude as we are always striving for improvement. The candidate will build and maintain good relationships with all university staff and faculty; as well as confidently communicate well with people of all levels at the University. Must thrive in a team-based environment, but also be capable of working alone when the need arises.
- Greet students and campus visitors in a cordial and professional manner.
- Answer the phones in a professional and ethical manner.
- Assist students and answer general information questions
- Schedule appointments for Academic Counselors, International Student Office and Admissions Office and other offices.
- Coordinate walk-in activity, ensuring “first-come, first serve”
- Interface with Salesforce, to support Admissions with prospective students
- Maintain a comfortable, clean and organized lobby area.
- Excellent communication and English language skills (written and oral)
- Professional appearance
- High School Diploma/ GED.
- Ability to work occasional Saturdays
- 6 months experience with excellent customer service
- Computer skills
- Previous experience with multi-line telephones systems.
- Sales Force Experience - A Plus
- Proficiency with Google Applications and Microsoft Office.
- Preferred: AA or AS degree
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.