Academic Records Specialist
- 2711 N 1st St, San Jose, CA 95134, USA
International Technological University (ITU), a non-profit, graduate university, empowers people through industry-linked Silicon Valley education. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, ITU partners with industry professionals to teach and mentor graduate students in the areas of engineering, business, technology, and digital arts. Fundamental to ITU’s mission is engaging staff who are committed to providing excellent service and building a global organization. We are looking for people who are excited by challenges, crave growth, prioritize learning, and strive for continual improvement.
Learn more about ITU at www.itu.edu
- Assist/lead processes in the Registrar's Office to include graduation,transfer, credit, course scheduling, and registration
- Provide input to existing policies and work with team to ensure policies are being properly implemented in process
- Counsel and advise students on various academic and graduation matters
- Work directly with academics leaders to resolve issues for students
- Assist the Resgistrar in mapping out the business logic of internal processes in order to implement automated workflows
- Customized and maintaining reports for the office and various campus departments
- Serve as the lead in maintaining reports for attendance issues with students and faculty
- Oversee the processing of the University Catalog and Addendum
- Very detailed oriented and organized with professional judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and spoken customer service skills with international people in an academic setting
- Ability to solve problems with technology (Zendesk, Box.com, Google Apps, and other tools) and to work efficiently among a team in fast-paced environment
- Previous Students Records, Customer Service, Academic counseling, or other technological/customer-centric experience preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
$18 TO $20 Per Hour
Frequent stand/walk, sit, use a computer; use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
Occasionally reach/work above shoulders, twist/bend/stoop/squat, grasp forcefully, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds, write by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.