Covid-19 Response Nurse
- Castle Hill, Castle Donington, Derby DE74, UK
International SOS (www.internationalsos.com) is the world’s leading medical and travel Security Risk Services Company. We care for clients across the globe, from more than 1,000 locations in 90 countries. Our expertise is unique: More than 11,000 employees are led by 1,400 doctors and 200 security specialists. Teams work 24/7 to protect our members. We pioneer a range of preventive programs strengthened by our in-country expertise. We deliver unrivalled emergency assistance during critical illness, accident or civil unrest.
We are passionate about helping clients put Duty of Care into practice. With us, multinational corporate clients, governments and NGOs can mitigate risks for their people working remotely or overseas.
Our global services include medical and risk planning, preventive health programs, in-country expertise and emergency response for travellers, expatriates and their dependents of over 70% of the Fortune 500 companies.
Registered Nurse required to support our client's large distribution facility in Castle Donnington. Over 3000 staff attend the site across two shift patterns daily and the Nurse's role is to support and lead the screening of staff as they enter the site supported by a small team of First Aiders. There is also the requirement to carry out Antigen tests on those that develop potential symptoms whilst onsite.
- Oversee the temperature and symptom screening of shift workers as they arrive on site
- Lead a small team of First Aiders to carry out temperature checks
- Ensure that suitable infection control measures are in place and adhered to at all times
- Carry out antigen testing on workers who present with symptoms (training provided)
- Track and report screening and testing data back to management as required
- Feedback on opportunities to add further value through enhanced checks and mitigation efforts
- Clinically qualified with experience either as a Medic or Nurse
- Ability to manage a small team of non-clinical staff to carry out temperature checks
- Experience of Covid Mitigation efforts and processes
This role involves a split shift. The nurse will be onsite for early morning screening for the day shift and will return in the evening to screen the night shift workers. The site operates 7 days a week. Flexible working options will be considered including job shares and rotations. Local candidates are preferred but accommodation can be provided at a nearby hotel and travel can be arranged for those not based nearby.
Given that this role has been created to respond to the threat posed by COVID-19 it is essential that applicants are in good health, do not have any respiratory conditions and are willing to submit to regular medical screening during their employment.