Occupational Health Nurse
- Foresterhill Road, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
International SOS (www.internationalsos.com) is the world’s leading medical and travel Security Risk Services Company. We care for clients across the globe, from more than 1,000 locations in 90 countries. Our expertise is unique: More than 11,000 employees are led by 1,400 doctors and 200 security specialists. Teams work 24/7 to protect our members. We pioneer a range of preventive programs strengthened by our in-country expertise. We deliver unrivalled emergency assistance during critical illness, accident or civil unrest.
We are passionate about helping clients put Duty of Care into practice. With us, multinational corporate clients, governments and NGOs can mitigate risks for their people working remotely or overseas.
Our global services include medical and risk planning, preventive health programs, in-country expertise and emergency response for travellers, expatriates and their dependents of over 70% of the Fortune 500 companies.
The purpose of the role is to deliver a comprehensive Occupational Health Nursing Service in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Councils (NMC) Code of Professional Conduct and Scope of Professional Practice (or equivalent). The OHN will work predominantly offsite at our various client sites however you may be required to work at our Aberdeen clinic depending on business requirements.
- Maintain professional standards in accordance with current legislation and practice including relevant professional registration and continuing professional development.
- Ensure clinical Occupational Health practices undertaken are in accordance with the International SOS policies and procedures.
- Liaise with other case management stakeholders, such as client’s HR teams, in the management of sickness absence and with client’s HSE teams in the identification of risk and the development of risk prevention, control or management strategies.
- Advise, review, and assist in the development of International SOS and Client company policies focusing on protection of the mental and physical wellbeing of employees.
- Promote the business interests through a professional delivery of service and an awareness of new initiatives within International SOS.
- Ensure that line managers are promptly informed of any evolving risks or issues in relation to service delivery.
- Ensure that thorough clinical case notes are maintained for each patient seen in accordance with local policy.
- Ensure patient confidentiality at all times.
- Perform routine medicals (such as industry standard medicals, pre-placement medicals, substance abuse screening).
- Perform Specialist medicals (such as working at heights, working in confined spaces, night worker’s medicals, lone worker’s medicals, driver medicals).
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent time management skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Quality orientated – output of work is accurate and meets or exceeds internal standards and the needs of both internal and external clients
- Customer care skills – the commitment to serve and satisfy the needs of clients
- Team working – the ability to function effectively as part of a group of people working together
- Self-motivation – keeps track of own progress. Energetic, positive outlook and well organised
Required Work Experience
Previous experience in an OHN role is desirable but not mandatory to apply for this role.
Travel / Rotation Requirements
- Regular travel to client sites
- NMC Registered Nurse (Adult) or equivalent
- Driving License
- Ability to travel
- Computer literacy
- Commitment to change
- Commitment to results
- Client focus
- Trained in Travel Health (Desirable)
- Experience with Case Management (Desirable)
We have 2 part time roles available.