Traducteur/Réviseur médical plein (French to English) H/F
- Remote working, Brussels, Belgium
International SOS is the world’s leading medical and security services company with over 10,000 employees working in 1,000 locations in 90 countries. We were founded on the principle of putting the patient first and this is still true today. Led by 5,200 medical professionals and 200 security specialists our teams work night and day to find solutions to protect our clients in whatever situation they may be facing; we assess, advise and assist from a medical, security and logistical perspective to help safeguard travellers internationally through providing invaluable local knowledge and expertise on a global scale.
International SOS Government Services administers the TRICARE Overseas Program (TOP) providing high-quality, accessible health care services for U.S. Military service members, family members, retirees, and other eligible beneficiaries overseas.
We are looking for an experienced Translations Clinical quality auditor to join our team in Belgium. You will be responsible for auditing translations which have completed by translations vendors. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with excellent English and French and previous experience of translating in health or life sciences.
- To review translated medical documents or to translate from French into US English as needed
- Review samples of translated medical reports for accuracy and completeness with focus on Clinical Quality, completing the LQA template with detailed feedback, identifying error categories, scoring the sample translations, and providing the feedback to the translation vendor.
- Monitor translation vendor’s quality performance and trends and collaborate with the Translations Vendor Manager to ensure that the translation vendors meet or exceed quality targets. Work with translation vendor partners to drive root-cause analysis when needed, improvement action plans, and continuous quality improvement. Identify and recommend improvements in process to minimize or remove errors.
- Work with the Quality Management team as needed to assist with investigating potential quality incident reported by the client for the translation deliverables.
- Create and translate glossaries of medical terminology from source language into US English. Work with in-country medical staff to review and finalize translated glossaries. Share translated glossaries with translation vendors and ensure consistent utilization of translated glossary by the translation vendor via the Auditing and Review processes.
- Create Linguistic Style Guides for translation vendor to follow. Ensure compliance with style guide instructions via the Auditing and Reviewing processes.
- Translate medical documents as/when needed.
- Please send your CV/Resume in English
- Native Fluency in both languages to enable translations from one language to another.
- Experience in designated languages of the linguistic rules relating to word meanings, sentence structure, idioms, grammar, and punctuation.
- Expertise in Linguistic Assets; Broad medical vocabulary
- 5+ years of life sciences translation experience; medical records translation experience desirable.
- 2+ years of Translation Audit / Language Quality Assurance
- Healthcare experience desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Translations, Linguistics, Language Studies, or related field.
- Certification as a linguist.
- Certification in life sciences translations is a significant plus
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Our company brings together remarkable people and enables them to be themselves. At International SOS, we offer a great working environment, thanks to our commitment to flexible working, diversity and development.
We celebrate diversity on a global scale. We encourage every colleague to bring their personal best by creating an atmosphere of inclusion and equal support. Our success is the result of diverse ideas, skills and cross-cultural understanding.
Welcome to International SOS, your world of opportunity.