Offshore Medic 2/3 rotation - Oil & Gas production
- Foresterhill, Aberdeen, UK
International SOS (www.internationalsos.com) is the world’s leading medical and travel Security Risk Services Company. We care for clients across the globe, from more than 1,000 locations in 90 countries. Our expertise is unique: More than 11,000 employees are led by 1,400 doctors and 200 security specialists. Teams work 24/7 to protect our members. We pioneer a range of preventive programs strengthened by our in-country expertise. We deliver unrivalled emergency assistance during critical illness, accident or civil unrest.
We are passionate about helping clients put Duty of Care into practice. With us, multinational corporate clients, governments and NGOs can mitigate risks for their people working remotely or overseas.
Our global services include medical and risk planning, preventive health programs, in-country expertise and emergency response for travellers, expatriates and their dependents of over 70% of the Fortune 500 companies.
· Provide onsite routine health care and advice to offshore personnel in line with International SOS MSOs
· Provide onsite emergency medical care in line with International SOS MSOs
· Seek appropriate and timely consultation/advice from Topside service
· Arrange any required Medevac cases in accordance with International SOS and Client site protocols
·Maintain stock levels of all medications and consumables, including safe custody of controlled drugs and maintenance of controlled drugs register, in accordance with International SOS MSOs. Maintain clear and concise medical records in line with International SOS Records and Record Keeping Policy and maintain the sickbay attendance log, including Patient information on medications taken and known allergies.
·Management of clinical waste and routine cleaning of the sick bay
·Ensure all medical equipment and gases are functional, regularly inspected and maintained, including calibration of required items Lead first aid team and co-ordinate all first aid team activities and regular training
·Completion of relevant administrative tasks as the role/Client requires, Deliver regular Health Awareness and Health Promotion activities
· Radiation Protection supervisor duties to be performed as required.
· Maintain all eye wash station
· Conduct routine hygiene checks of the galley and accommodation areas. Water sampling and routine checking of emergency showers, legionella focal point (pot water management focal point – weekly checks)
· COSHH focal point – manage Sypol database, training, generate assessments, review assessments (sense check and remedial actions, audit of assessments)
· Face Fit Testing (Quantitative) – porta count machine, bi-annually, rolling program
· Noise Focal Point – NEMS & DOSIMETRY, health surveillance HAVS focal point, maintaining database, ensure client’s contractors submit forms and database up to date
· DSE Assessor, annually, remedial actions, advice
· Manual Handling instructor and assessments
· Risk assessments – rescue plan, emergency response
· Attend daily and weekly health and safety meetings
· Awareness of IADC and OSHA Guidelines
· Any other duties as required by management
Eligible to work, or resident, in the UK
Registered Nurse (Adult), with at least 3 years’ post-graduation experience within one or more of: A&E, ICU, HDU, OOH’s Service, ANP, Medical or Surgical Assessment Unit, OR;
· Royal Navy Medical Assistant (at Leading Hand or above), OR;
· Royal Marines Medical Assistance (at Corporal or above), OR;
· British Army Combat Medical Technician Class 1 (at Corporal or above), OR;
· Royal Air Force Medical Assistant (at Corporal or above), OR;
· Royal Fleet Auxiliary Service Medical Technician, OR;
· HCPC Registered Paramedic with significant experience in one or more of: Rapid Response, Emergency Care Practitioner, OOH’s Service
· HSE Offshore Medics Course
· BOSIET/FOET (c/w CA-EBS)
· OGUK Medical
· Computer literacy
· Client focus
· Strong team player
· Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
· Analysis and problem solving
The individual must be able to demonstrate International SOS's core values - Passion, Expertise, Care and Respect.