- Foresterhill Rd, Aberdeen, UK
- Employees can work remotely
International SOS (www.internationalsos.com) is the world’s leading medical and travel Security Risk Services Company. We care for clients across the globe, from more than 1,000 locations in 90 countries. Our expertise is unique: More than 11,000 employees are led by 1,400 doctors and 200 security specialists. Teams work 24/7 to protect our members. We pioneer a range of preventive programs strengthened by our in-country expertise. We deliver unrivalled emergency assistance during critical illness, accident or civil unrest.
We are passionate about helping clients put Duty of Care into practice. With us, multinational corporate clients, governments and NGOs can mitigate risks for their people working remotely or overseas.
Our global services include medical and risk planning, preventive health programs, in-country expertise and emergency response for travellers, expatriates and their dependents of over 70% of the Fortune 500 companies.
The Medical Officer is responsible for performing Occupational Health related duties in accordance with client contracts including but not limited to:
- OGUK medical examinations
- Examination and appraisal for fitness for work
- Pre-placement and back-to-work medical assessments
The Medical Services team provides Topside support (provision of remote advice and oversight of treatment provided by trained medics in remote locations offshore and onshore). The role holder may be asked to participate in the on-call rota dealing with requests for support (calls are initially managed within the International SOS alarm centre medical provision, however if medical evacuation is necessary or onshore assessment is required an on call doctor is required to advise and assist decisions regarding evacuation, onshore care and subsequent assessment of fitness to resume work.
- Ensuring high clinical quality standards, and maintaining good clinical records using the company’s IT based systems and operating within the International SOS clinical governance framework
- Complete medical assessments and provide medical reports, as appropriate, in compliance with International SOS policies, practices and processes
- Interpreting results from health screening or diagnostic testing and advising on fitness to work, in compliance with statutory, industry or client standards
- Corresponding with patients’ medical advisers and employers as and when appropriate in managing resolution of issues detailed in referrals
- Liaising when appropriate with clinical colleagues or other clinical practitioners to ensure effective case management
- Liaise with the operations and management teams to optimise quality assurance and ensure that appropriate medical outcomes are consistently attained with respect to clinical service delivery.
- Take responsibility for quality of own medical service delivery
- Provide support, guidance and mentoring for clinical staff when working as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, as and when necessary
- As part of quality assurance, ensure that documentation is maintained to highest standards and in accordance with International SOS guidelines
- In close co-operation with the Medical Director OH Services, Operations and Business Development teams demonstrate an understanding of clients’ contractual agreements and work with the Sales and Marketing department to ensure that relationships with clients are at all times positive and consistent with the contractual obligations
- Cooperation in the efficient running of the company by performing other reasonable duties requested
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Quality of care focus
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Ability to take responsibility
- Information and communications technology (computer) skills
- Keep knowledge and skills up to date
Required Work Experience:
- Medical doctor with postgraduate experience
- Medical doctor
- Full GMC registration and current licence to practice
Travel / Rotation Requirements:
- The role may also involve attending meetings on client premises, workplace visits and visits to other clinical facilities