Program Manager – TRICARE (FTC)
- Chiswick Park, Chiswick High Rd, Chiswick, London W4 5BE, UK
International SOS is the world’s leading medical and security services company with over 10,000 employees working in 1,000 locations in 90 countries. We were founded on the principle of putting the patient first and this is still true today. Led by 5,200 medical professionals and 200 security specialists our teams work night and day to find solutions to protect our clients in whatever situation they may be facing; we assess, advise and assist from a medical, security and logistical perspective to help safeguard travellers internationally through providing invaluable local knowledge and expertise on a global scale.
We are currently recruiting a Program Manager on a fixed term contract (12 months) to join our TRICARE team based in Chiswick, West London. The primary purpose is to work closely with the Transition Teams to define, shape, establish and take accountability for the delivery of all projects within the overall Transition program of work. This person will work directly with the TRICARE Project Manager to ensure true alignment across the projects in support of the strategic direction of the organization. The Program Manager will lead, coach and support project teams working closely with business stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery and successful transition to the new TRICARE contract.
The position will work closely with TRICARE IT, Operations and Transition project teams to create business and technical documentation, including, but not limited to, program plans, charters, reporting regimes, detailed business requirements and detailed functional requirements and engage in project activities to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of the program.
- Work closely with key stakeholders from the TRICARE Overseas Program to establish, and successfully implement a program of initiatives to support the transition to the new contract.
- Drive individual project managers, owners and teams to ensure consistency in project management processes and reporting thus enabling reporting to senior management and internal and external stakeholders.
- Where necessary, develop business cases supporting the strategy with clear benefits and ownerships, working closely with key business stakeholders for sign off and agreement.
- Lead and coach individual project managers to ensure adherence to project management and reporting requirements are met, appropriate and timely stakeholder management is occurring to drive on-time delivery of milestones.
- Ensure timely delivery, via the creation and management of project and program plans.
- In partnership with the Finance Team, ensure delivery to budget via the creation and management of budgets and continuous application of budgetary controls.
- Ensure stakeholders are involved, briefed and leveraged by establishing clear governance, roles & responsibility and escalation paths within projects and the overall program.
- Management of stakeholders – identify key stakeholders relevant to the program, creating and owning the communication and engagement plan.
- Ensure risks and issues are managed effectively, mitigating as necessary and raised through the governance structure where required.
- Define and ensure the delivery of an effective change management plan. This covers the people & process behavioural change required to deliver the business transformation.
- In partnership with the Director of Communications, develop and deliver a communication plan for the program ensuring relevant messages are delivered in a timely manner.
- Ensure full use of available digital tools to foster collaboration and ensure effective tracking of project progress, risk & issues, dependencies, assumption and actions.
Required Experience & Skills
- Seasoned program and project manager with a track record of delivering to time and budget.
- Excellent planning, conceptual, consulting and communication skills with perceptive and structured analytical ability. Proven experience of understanding and enhancing products and business processes through the application of appropriate methodologies and technology.
- Effective communication and influencing skills and an ability to work successfully in a matrix structure, across multiple stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to convey complex issue, concepts and solutions to non-technical audiences through simple messaging.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness. Ability to work in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural and geographically dispersed environment where consensus is the norm.
- PMP Certification and MS Project Certification, strongly preferred.
Diversity & Collaboration
Our company brings together remarkable people and enables them to be themselves.
At International SOS, we offer a great working environment, thanks to our commitment to a flexible working environment, diversity, and development.
We celebrate diversity on a global scale. We encourage every colleague to bring their personal best by creating an environment of inclusion and equal support.
Our success is the result of diverse ideas, skills, and cross-cultural understanding.
International SOS has been recognised as a Top Employer in the UK by the Top Employer’s Institute (TEI) for 2020