Russian and English speaking Aviation Medical Instructor (Moscow based)
- Sheremetyevskoye shosse, Moskva, Russia
MedAire provides aviation and maritime crew members and passengers with fully integrated medical and security solutions. Credited with establishing the world’s first global emergency response centre dedicated to providing immediate, real-time medical assistance to people in remote locations, our centres are staffed by emergency physicians, Registered Nurses, and communication specialists.
- Delivers MedAire developed training courses to clients as directed by Education Services; provides instructional support as directed.
- Participates and assists with planning, implementation and conducting of Education Services’ Instructor Orientation Program.
- Actively participates in and contributes to company and department quality initiatives and activities.
- Represents Company at conferences or seminars as requested.
- Measures and reports to ensure effectiveness of instruction. Tests and evaluates students' progress, using written and performance tests and oral interviews where dictated.
- Responsible for timely completion of assigned projects, communication and documentation to supervisor.
- Provides input as a subject matter expert as required.
- As needed, assist with development of medical curriculum and/or coordination of special event training.
- As needed, provide support to administrative staff with special projects or assigned tasks.
- Maintain all client information which may be encountered either directly or indirectly while in the performance of the job in strict confidence in accordance with HIPAA and/or any other pertinent confidentiality regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge
- Fluent Russian and English language skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate educational and media equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated effective adult presentation skills and ability to express concepts clearly both orally and in written form.
- Demonstrated passion for adult education.
- Proven effective customer service skills and demonstrated professionalism.
- Other considerations: National certifications, fixed wing flight experience.
- Must be able to utilize a personal computer.
- Must possess the agility to enter/exit a plane or boat safely and with ease.
- Must be able to perform the physical skills as dictated, i.e. CPR demonstration.
- Must be able to lift, pull or carry training equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to function in various environments with moderate noise level and potentially hot/cold environments.
- This role will require frequent travel, domestically and internationally
- Aviation-Focused Instructors: clinical experience in flight nursing or flight paramedics or equivalent experience as a Registered Nurse or Paramedic with demonstrated knowledge of aviation physiology.
- Maritime-Focused Instructors: Previous Critical Care or Accident & Emergency preferred, preferred experience in maritime environment, including employment onboard a private or commercial vessel, or equivalent experience, such as training in Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) requirements, clinical training in wound care, including suturing.
- Adult medical educator experience.
- Current unrestricted license as an Registered Nurse or Paramedic.
- Either a current European Resuscitation Council, American Heart Association BLS Instructor or Heart Saver Instructor certification or equivalent
- Must possess valid driver’s license and passport.
- Must be able to travel by air domestically and internationally. Must reside within 60 miles from a major/international airport.
- Eligible to work in Russia